plural class name

?

-

Is it a good idea to have name a class with a plural?
I have a ConnectionsPanel class that stores a list of ConnectionPanel.

Bjorn Abelli

- said:
Is it a good idea to have name a class with a plural?

It's much a matter of opinion, but I would say no, as each instance of a
class is a singularity...

I have a ConnectionsPanel class that stores a
list of ConnectionPanel.

My suggestion would be

ConnectionPanelCollection, ConnectionPanelList, or something like that...

// Bjorn A

Pete Barrett

Is it a good idea to have name a class with a plural?
I have a ConnectionsPanel class that stores a list of ConnectionPanel.

I don't see why not. A ConnectionsPanel, I suppose, would be a single
Panel containing several ConnectionPanelS (and nothing else), each of
which is a Panel containing controls for defining a Connection. If
that's *not* the case, I'd suggest that the name isn't clear (since I
haven't understood it)!

Pete Barrett

Daniel Dyer

I don't see why not. A ConnectionsPanel, I suppose, would be a single
Panel containing several ConnectionPanelS (and nothing else), each of
which is a Panel containing controls for defining a Connection. If
that's *not* the case, I'd suggest that the name isn't clear (since I
haven't understood it)!

Pete Barrett

I would interpret the name ConnectionsPanel to mean a single panel that
has multiple associated connections, not muliple panels (of type
ConnectionPanel).

Dan.