    - Guest

    Is it a good idea to have name a class with a plural?
    I have a ConnectionsPanel class that stores a list of ConnectionPanel.
    -, Apr 22, 2005

  2. -

    Bjorn Abelli Guest

    "-" <> wrote...

    > Is it a good idea to have name a class with a plural?

    It's much a matter of opinion, but I would say no, as each instance of a
    class is a singularity...

    > I have a ConnectionsPanel class that stores a
    > list of ConnectionPanel.

    My suggestion would be

    ConnectionPanelCollection, ConnectionPanelList, or something like that...

    // Bjorn A
    Bjorn Abelli, Apr 22, 2005

  3. -

    Pete Barrett Guest

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:16:23 +0800, - <> wrote:

    >Is it a good idea to have name a class with a plural?
    >I have a ConnectionsPanel class that stores a list of ConnectionPanel.

    I don't see why not. A ConnectionsPanel, I suppose, would be a single
    Panel containing several ConnectionPanelS (and nothing else), each of
    which is a Panel containing controls for defining a Connection. If
    that's *not* the case, I'd suggest that the name isn't clear (since I
    haven't understood it)!

    Pete Barrett
    Pete Barrett, Apr 22, 2005
  4. -

    Daniel Dyer Guest

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 18:58:17 +0100, Pete Barrett <>
    wrote:

    > On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:16:23 +0800, - <> wrote:
    >
    >> Is it a good idea to have name a class with a plural?
    >> I have a ConnectionsPanel class that stores a list of ConnectionPanel.

    > I don't see why not. A ConnectionsPanel, I suppose, would be a single
    > Panel containing several ConnectionPanelS (and nothing else), each of
    > which is a Panel containing controls for defining a Connection. If
    > that's *not* the case, I'd suggest that the name isn't clear (since I
    > haven't understood it)!
    >

    > Pete Barrett

    I would interpret the name ConnectionsPanel to mean a single panel that
    has multiple associated connections, not muliple panels (of type
    ConnectionPanel).

    Dan.

    --
    Daniel Dyer