plz ...Verilog-HDL an up/down BCD counter

SQU

Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi

plz help me how can i write

verilog-HDL an up/down BCD counter

i make 4 function for up
and 4 for down

but how can i write them in verilog-HDL

can i use assign in if statement ??
if(up==1)
{
assign f1= xxxxx;
assign f2= xxxxx;
assign f3= xxxxx;
assign f4;= xxxxx;
}
if(down==1)
assign g1= xxxxx;
assign g2= xxxxx;
assign g3= xxxxx;
assign g4;= xxxxx;
}

plz see attachments
i want to write Verilog-HDL for this diagram
:-( :-(

Thanks ....

Attachments

  • up_down.jpg
    up_down.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 264
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Download ISE from Xilinx. The 'Language Templates' (light bulb on the toolbar) has some example counters. You can convert these to BCD.

Make sure you go through the tutorials on ISE, otherwise it is a tough learning curve. Xilinx has some decent examples on their website too; I've only looked through the VHDL but there may be some Verilog too. I'm sure you can find them in other places on the web too.

Have fun learning Verilog/VHDL!

John