    in java
    also what is function of "<jsp:plugin>"
    , Feb 9, 2007

  2. Chris Dollin Guest

    wrote:

    > anybody plz tell me the definition of "this" and "super" keyword used
    > in java

    /Any/ basic Java book should tell you about these. If you're not
    prepared to crack one open and read, you're probably not cut out
    to be a programmer.

    You might even find that kind of material on the Web. But I don't
    think this newsgroup is a dripfeed helpline.

    > also what is function of "<jsp:plugin>"

    Knowing butter-all about JSP, I'd /guess/ that its the bit of some
    JSP configuration or template page that says "here's something about
    JSP plugins". Are there not JSP books and googleable pages that
    will tell you more?

    --
    Chris "electric hedgehog" Dollin
    "- born in the lab under strict supervision -", - Magenta, /Genetesis/
    Chris Dollin, Feb 9, 2007

  3. On Feb 9, 9:19 pm, "" <>
    wrote:

    Sub: plz

    In subjects, it is better to put a meaningful title
    such as 'meaning of keywords'.

    As well, it pays not to..
    - use SMS style abbreviations, in both the
    subject and body of the message.
    - sound so pathetic.

    > anybody plz tell me the definition of "this" and "super" keyword used
    > in java

    You might try this type of search..
    <http://www.google.com/search?q=definition+%22java+keyword%22+this>
    <http://www.google.com/search?q=definition+%22java+keyword%22+super>

    HTH

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Feb 9, 2007

    On Feb 9, 3:24 pm, Chris Dollin <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > anybody plz tell me the definition of "this" and "super" keyword used
    > > in java

    > /Any/ basic Java book should tell you about these. If you're not
    > prepared to crack one open and read, you're probably not cut out
    > to be a programmer.
    >
    > You might even find that kind of material on the Web. But I don't
    > think this newsgroup is a dripfeed helpline.
    >
    > > also what is function of "<jsp:plugin>"

    > Knowing butter-all about JSP, I'd /guess/ that its the bit of some
    > JSP configuration or template page that says "here's something about
    > JSP plugins". Are there not JSP books and googleable pages that
    > will tell you more?
    >
    > --
    > Chris "electric hedgehog" Dollin
    > "- born in the lab under strict supervision -", - Magenta, /Genetesis/

    i want the definition in simple way
    , Feb 9, 2007
  5. Alex Hunsley Guest

    wrote:
    > anybody plz tell me the definition of "this" and "super" keyword used
    > in java
    > also what is function of "<jsp:plugin>"

    There are plenty of books, websites etc. that can tell you about these
    things.
    Alex Hunsley, Feb 9, 2007
  6. Lew Guest

    wrote:
    >> anybody plz tell me the definition of "this" and "super" keyword used
    >> in java

    > i want the definition in simple way

    "this" is a reference within instance methods and constructors to the object
    itself. In the unique case that it appears as the first line of a constructor
    with parentheses,

    public Foo()
    {
    this( null );
    }

    it means invoke the other constructor that has the signature indicated in the
    invocation.

    "super" is a reference to a supertype's run-time dispatch to either an
    instance or a constructor. Usually it is the reference to the superclass
    instance, but in the special case that it appears as the first line of a
    constructor with parentheses,

    public Foo()
    {
    super();
    }

    it means invoke the superclass constructor that has the signature indicated in
    the invocation.

    Now go read a book. Do not expect help or advice or anything but a cold
    shoulder if you are not willing to do even the slightest teeny eensy-weensy
    microscopic quantum particle of effort on your own behalf.

    - Lew
    Lew, Feb 9, 2007