plz

manishkp84

anybody plz tell me the definition of "this" and "super" keyword used
in java
also what is function of "<jsp:plugin>"

Chris Dollin

anybody plz tell me the definition of "this" and "super" keyword used
in java

/Any/ basic Java book should tell you about these. If you're not
prepared to crack one open and read, you're probably not cut out
to be a programmer.

You might even find that kind of material on the Web. But I don't
think this newsgroup is a dripfeed helpline.
also what is function of "<jsp:plugin>"

Knowing butter-all about JSP, I'd /guess/ that its the bit of some
JSP configuration or template page that says "here's something about
JSP plugins". Are there not JSP books and googleable pages that
will tell you more?

Andrew Thompson

On Feb 9, 9:19 pm, "(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]>
wrote:

Sub: plz

In subjects, it is better to put a meaningful title
such as 'meaning of keywords'.

As well, it pays not to..
- use SMS style abbreviations, in both the
subject and body of the message.
- sound so pathetic.
anybody plz tell me the definition of "this" and "super" keyword used
in java

You might try this type of search..
<http://www.google.com/search?q=definition+"java+keyword"+this>
<http://www.google.com/search?q=definition+"java+keyword"+super>

HTH

Andrew T.

manishkp84

/Any/ basic Java book should tell you about these. If you're not
prepared to crack one open and read, you're probably not cut out
to be a programmer.

You might even find that kind of material on the Web. But I don't
think this newsgroup is a dripfeed helpline.

Knowing butter-all about JSP, I'd /guess/ that its the bit of some
JSP configuration or template page that says "here's something about
JSP plugins". Are there not JSP books and googleable pages that
will tell you more?

i want the definition in simple way

Alex Hunsley

anybody plz tell me the definition of "this" and "super" keyword used
in java
> also what is function of "<jsp:plugin>"

There are plenty of books, websites etc. that can tell you about these
things.

Lew

i want the definition in simple way

"this" is a reference within instance methods and constructors to the object
itself. In the unique case that it appears as the first line of a constructor
with parentheses,

public Foo()
{
this( null );
}

it means invoke the other constructor that has the signature indicated in the
invocation.

"super" is a reference to a supertype's run-time dispatch to either an
instance or a constructor. Usually it is the reference to the superclass
instance, but in the special case that it appears as the first line of a
constructor with parentheses,

public Foo()
{
super();
}

it means invoke the superclass constructor that has the signature indicated in
the invocation.

Now go read a book. Do not expect help or advice or anything but a cold
shoulder if you are not willing to do even the slightest teeny eensy-weensy
microscopic quantum particle of effort on your own behalf.

- Lew