plzzzzzzzzzz help me !! it's urgent ! run time error:memory couuld not be overwritten

Discussion in 'C++' started by abhilash agarwal, Nov 13, 2003.

  1. hi all!!

    pl help me i m getting a run time error
    "memory address .... refer to this location.......
    memory could not be written at this location....."

    ..... means some memory address

    when i m trying to run a programme in which i m setting line style
    to any color except "0" which is for BLACK
    like "16777215" its for WHITE color value and if i will set this color
    value then it will give error and i will select "0" then it will work
    fine

    plz help what may be the error

    it's urgent

    plz mail on this id

    thanxs in advance

    regards
    abhilash agarwal
    product engineer
    manchitra services pvt. ltd.
    new delhi, india
    abhilash agarwal, Nov 13, 2003

  2. > pl help me i m getting a run time error
    > "memory address .... refer to this location.......
    > memory could not be written at this location....."
    >
    > .... means some memory address

    You have the code, and apparently you are unable to figure out what the
    problem is. How do you suppose the people in this newsgroup are able to
    tell what problem is without having access to your code? Post minimal
    yet compilable code that exhibits the problem you are having. Then
    people here are able and often very willing to help you.

    Most likely your problem is related to using an invalid pointer. If the
    memory address is 0x0000000 or very close to zero you are probably using
    a null pointer. If it is not close to zero than it may be caused by
    using an uninitialized pointer or a pointer to an object that already
    has been destroyed. Unfortunately you didn't post the exact memory
    addresses. People who are familiar with your OS and development
    environment may be able to tell you a bit more precisely what is the
    problem.

    > when i m trying to run a programme in which i m setting line style
    > to any color except "0" which is for BLACK
    > like "16777215" its for WHITE color value and if i will set this color
    > value then it will give error and i will select "0" then it will work
    > fine

    Standard C++ does not offer support for colors, line styles and other
    graphic stuffc. If you problem is really cause by setting colors and/or
    line styles I suggest you ask this question in a newsgroup dedicated to
    the OS, GUI library and/or development tool you are using.

    > plz help what may be the error
    >
    > it's urgent
    >
    > plz mail on this id

    Post here, read here.

    To get the most out of this newsgroup, please read this:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    http://home.wanadoo.nl/efx/c -faq/

    --
    Peter van Merkerk