Pmw BLT problems

Sriram Chadalavada

Hello fellow python users,
I am trying to use Python Mega widgets and the BLT extension to Tk
for my project. Pmw scripts seem to work fine.

However, I could not run the BLT examples since BLT was not
installed.
BLT installation was interesting since while the INSTALL file in the
tar ball indicated that the default install directory is /usr/local,
even after specifying the prefix directory during 'configure', the
files were installed w.r.t /usr directory.

Running a HELLO program that makes use of blt graph gave the following
error message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./HelloGraph.py", line 33, in ?
g = Pmw.Blt.Graph(master)
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/Pmw/Pmw_1_2/lib/PmwBlt.py",
line 260, in __init__
Tkinter.Widget.__init__(self, master, _graphCommand, cnf, kw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1764, in __init__
self.tk.call(
TclError: invalid command name "::blt::graph"

A quick search on the group archive suggested that
this might be because BLT has not been installed. In my case, that
might be 'not properly installed'.
Any suggestions on how to get the installation
right? Did anyone deal with this kind of problem before?

Thanks in advance,
Sriram