Pmw BLT problems

Discussion in 'Python' started by Sriram Chadalavada, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. Hello fellow python users,
    I am trying to use Python Mega widgets and the BLT extension to Tk
    for my project. Pmw scripts seem to work fine.

    However, I could not run the BLT examples since BLT was not
    installed.
    BLT installation was interesting since while the INSTALL file in the
    tar ball indicated that the default install directory is /usr/local,
    even after specifying the prefix directory during 'configure', the
    files were installed w.r.t /usr directory.

    Running a HELLO program that makes use of blt graph gave the following
    error message:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./HelloGraph.py", line 33, in ?
    g = Pmw.Blt.Graph(master)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/Pmw/Pmw_1_2/lib/PmwBlt.py",
    line 260, in __init__
    Tkinter.Widget.__init__(self, master, _graphCommand, cnf, kw)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1764, in __init__
    self.tk.call(
    TclError: invalid command name "::blt::graph"

    A quick search on the group archive suggested that
    this might be because BLT has not been installed. In my case, that
    might be 'not properly installed'.
    Any suggestions on how to get the installation
    right? Did anyone deal with this kind of problem before?

    Thanks in advance,
    Sriram

    Sriram Chadalavada, Aug 18, 2003

  2. May be this helps: