Png Image display Problem

Guest

Hi,

I am trying to display a Png image via ASP .NET. I get the image from the
stream, creates the Bitmap, set the content type to Image/Png, but it give an
error. If I set the content type to Image/Jpeg it works really fine. Below is
the code I wrote and the error msg:

ERROR
A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A
generic error occurred in GDI+.

Source Error:

Line 27: // makeTransparent((float)Double.Parse(trans));
Line 28:
Line 29: b.Save(Response.OutputStream, ImageFormat.Png);
Line 30: }
Line 31:

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ImageGenerator\ImgGen.aspx Line: 29

Stack Trace:

[ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.]
System.Drawing.Image.Save(Stream stream, ImageCodecInfo encoder,
EncoderParameters encoderParams) +631
System.Drawing.Image.Save(Stream stream, ImageFormat format) +34
ASP.ImgGen_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ImageGenerator\ImgGen.aspx:29

I have given full permission to "Everyone" as I heard it is a permission
problem, but no success. Following is the piece of code that I wrote:

CODE

<%@ Page language="c#" Debug="true" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Drawing" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Drawing.Imaging" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Net" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.IO" %>

<script language="C#" runat="server">
Bitmap b = null;
Graphics g = null;

void Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
{
Response.ContentType = "image/jpeg";
string url = Request.QueryString["url"];
string trans = Request.QueryString["trans"];

WebClient client = new WebClient();
Stream stream = client.OpenRead(url);
b = new Bitmap(stream);
// stream.Close(); // I TRIED AN UN-COMMENTED VERSION TOO

b.Save(Response.OutputStream, ImageFormat.Png);
}
</script>

Please note that if I change the content type to Image/Jpeg, it works
perfect. If any one can help, that would be appreciated.

Thanx,
Fahad

Hans Kesting

Fahad said:
Hi,

I am trying to display a Png image via ASP .NET. I get the image from
the stream, creates the Bitmap, set the content type to Image/Png,
but it give an error. If I set the content type to Image/Jpeg it
works really fine. Below is the code I wrote and the error msg:

ERROR
A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A
generic error occurred in GDI+.

Source Error:

Line 27: // makeTransparent((float)Double.Parse(trans));
Line 28:
Line 29: b.Save(Response.OutputStream, ImageFormat.Png);
Line 30: }
Line 31:

try changing the code a bit, so that you are not writing directly to the OutputStream:

MemoryStream io = new MemoryStream();
myBitmap.Save(io, ImageFormat.Png);
byte[] ba = io.GetBuffer();
Response.BinaryWrite(ba);

There was something (I forgot the exact details) about needing read/write access to that
stream, and MemoryStream provides that.

Hans Kesting