    images is gone.
    Can anybody help me?
    Thanks.

    Bribro, Aug 1, 2005

  2. On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:02:07 GMT, Bribro <> wrote:

    > I have an horizontal menu with a dreamweaver-generated rollover
    > effect. Images are png and their transparency is handled by
    > pngfix.js In IE, applied the pngfix, the rollover doesn't work
    > at all. Obviously, if I cut the pngfix the rollover works fine
    > but the transparency of images is gone.

    Where can we see this page and its effect?

    > Can anybody help me?

    Simple:
    - Don't let Dreamweaver do the job if you don't understand what it does.
    - Don't let javascript do what is better done without it.

    Puzzled? Google for more information (CSS and menu as keywords will probably
    lead you in the right direction)

    Barbara de Zoete, Aug 1, 2005

  3. Bribro

    Bribro Guest

    Barbara de Zoete wrote:
    > On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:02:07 GMT, Bribro <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have an horizontal menu with a dreamweaver-generated rollover
    >> effect. Images are png and their transparency is handled by
    >> pngfix.js In IE, applied the pngfix, the rollover doesn't work
    >> at all. Obviously, if I cut the pngfix the rollover works fine
    >> but the transparency of images is gone.

    > Where can we see this page and its effect?

    Nowhere (but in localhost).
    It's a simple horizontal menu made with images of different width. The
    onmouseover make them switch to a hover image.

    >> Can anybody help me?

    > Simple:
    > - Don't let Dreamweaver do the job if you don't understand what it does.

    Do you really live completely avoiding anything you don't understand?
    Such a strange and hard life...
    Seriously: i dont' know much about jscript. Whay I see is a list of
    functions that manage the image switching. If i knew it better probably
    i would not be here asking.

    > - Don't let javascript do what is better done without it.

    I know tehre are several ways to obtain a rollover effect with css
    (image replacement, etc) but i wanted to know if there's a solution to
    THIS problem.

    Bribro, Aug 1, 2005
  4. On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:46:13 GMT, Bribro <> wrote:

    > Barbara de Zoete wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:02:07 GMT, Bribro <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have an horizontal menu with a dreamweaver-generated rollover
    >>> effect.
    >>>

    >> Where can we see this page and its effect?
    >>

    > Nowhere (but in localhost).
    > It's a simple horizontal menu made with images of different width. The
    > onmouseover make them switch to a hover image.
    >
    >>> Can anybody help me?
    >>>

    >> Simple:
    >> - Don't let Dreamweaver do the job if you don't understand what it does.

    > Do you really live completely avoiding anything you don't understand?
    > Such a strange and hard life...

    It is not about avoiding. It is about learning what is done so you can stop it
    to do things you don't want it to. If you don't learn, you'll have to come
    running in here every time you don't understand what it does.
    So help yourself and learn html and css and some js. Only after you've got the
    basics, start using an editor like Dreamweaver to do actual production of stuff
    that you want to get published.

    > Seriously: i dont' know much about jscript.

    Aha. so you come to a hmtl group with your js question. Now, that's rather smart.

    > Whay I see is a
    > list of functions that manage the image switching. If i knew
    > it better probably i would not be here asking.

    See? Start learning. And start using the proper group for js.

    >> - Don't let javascript do what is better done without it.

    > I know tehre are several ways to obtain a rollover effect
    > with css (image replacement, etc) but i wanted to know if
    > there's a solution to THIS problem.

    Again: it is hard to help and solve if we cannot see the page code. So upload
    and provide a URL. Help starts there.

    Secondly: the not using dreamweaver and javascript, but use proper markup and
    some basic css _might be_ a solution to your problem. You wouldn't know untill
    you've actually tried it.

    Barbara de Zoete, Aug 1, 2005
  5. Bribro

    Bribro Guest

    Barbara de Zoete wrote:

    > Aha. so you come to a hmtl group with your js question. Now, that's
    > rather smart.

    Going on with the old "RTFM" when it's clear that i dont' know at all
    where's the problem (and that you don't know the answer) is very smart too.
    Ok, you're wasting your time and i'm wasting mine.
    Thank you very much.

    Bribro, Aug 1, 2005
  6. On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:27:51 GMT, Bribro <> wrote:

    > Barbara de Zoete wrote:
    >
    >> Aha. so you come to a hmtl group with your js question. Now, that's rather
    >> smart.
    >>

    > Going on with the old "RTFM" when it's clear that i dont' know
    > at all where's the problem (and that you don't know the answer)
    > is very smart too.

    I've given you several options:
    - upload the page and give us an URL;
    - go to a js group with the specific js problem;
    - try the menu without js, using proper markup and
    css for the rollover effect.

    Meanwhile I didn't even complain about your buggy newsclient that keeps screwing
    up the quoted text with random line breaks without >>> in proper places.

    Barbara de Zoete, Aug 1, 2005
  7. Bribro

    JDS Guest

    On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:46:13 +0000, Bribro wrote:

    >> Simple:
    >> - Don't let Dreamweaver do the job if you don't understand what it does.

    > Do you really live completely avoiding anything you don't understand?
    > Such a strange and hard life...

    That is not even close to what Barbara said.

    Dreamweaver can screw things up for you if you don't know what it is
    doing. Its as simple as that. DW can be a good and useful tool, don't
    misunderstand me. But it can also screw things up.

    --
    JDS | lid

    JDS, Aug 1, 2005
  8. Bribro

    JDS Guest

    On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:27:51 +0000, Bribro wrote:

    > Going on with the old "RTFM" when it's clear that i dont' know at all
    > where's the problem (and that you don't know the answer) is very smart too.
    > Ok, you're wasting your time and i'm wasting mine.
    > Thank you very much.

    Post the fucking URL to the example page or piss off.

    --
    JDS | lid

    JDS, Aug 1, 2005
  9. [OT] (was: pngfix.js and rollover in IE)

    On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:57:59 -0400, JDS <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:27:51 +0000, Bribro wrote:
    >
    >> <snip the boohoo behaviour>

    > Post the fucking URL to the example page or piss off.

    ROFL 'My my ...' <hands on cheeks> lol a bit more

    Barbara de Zoete, Aug 1, 2005
  10. Bribro

    Ed Guest

    JDS wrote:
    > On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:27:51 +0000, Bribro wrote:
    >

    >>Going on with the old "RTFM" when it's clear that i dont' know at all
    >>where's the problem (and that you don't know the answer) is very smart too.
    >>Ok, you're wasting your time and i'm wasting mine.
    >>Thank you very much.

    > Post the fucking URL to the example page or piss off.

    Cool man, the words "fucking" and "piss off" all in one sentence...

    Ed, Aug 1, 2005
  11. Bribro

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Bribro wrote:
    > I have an horizontal menu with a dreamweaver-generated rollover
    > effect. Images are png and their transparency is handled by pngfix.js
    > In IE, applied the pngfix, the rollover doesn't work at all.
    > Obviously, if I cut the pngfix the rollover works fine but the
    > transparency of images is gone.
    > Can anybody help me?
    > Thanks.

    The hack that is used to make png images transparent under IE is an ActiveX
    filter. As I understand it ActiveX filters in IE are always drawn on the
    top layer and IE does not pass mouse events through to anything under them.
    For this reason you cannot have links or other events that rely on the mouse
    in an area that has hacked png transparency.

    Nik Coughin, Aug 1, 2005
  12. Bribro

    Bribro Guest

    Bribro, Aug 3, 2005
  13. Bribro

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Bribro quothed:

    > In case somebody is interested, i solved the problem with the technique
    > explained in http://webfx.eae.net/dhtml/pngbehavior/pngbehavior.html
    > Applying those rules it's finally possible to have both transparent pngs
    > and rollover

    If you want to use the Alpha Image Loader.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Aug 3, 2005
  14. Bribro

    Guest

    That's possibly the nastiest piece of M$oft kludge-workaround I've ever
    seen.

    , Aug 3, 2005