poblem with Java ( XP SP2)

Ruvim Pinka

Hello!

The one java network application work fine under Windows 2000 and XP
SP1, but don't work under XP SP2.

In the Java Web Start Console i have a follow dump:
=====
Java Web Start Console, started ***
Java 2 Runtime Environment: Version 1.4.2_03 by Sun Microsystems Inc.
AxisFault
faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HTTP
faultSubcode:
faultString: (405)Method not allowed
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{}string: return code: 405

[...]
(405)Method not allowed

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:630)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:128)

at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)
[...]

=====

Does anybody solve such problem ?

Collin

[...]
(405)Method not allowed

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:630)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:128)

at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)
[...]

=====

Does anybody solve such problem ?

Try temporarily turning off the firewall that is included with XP SP2
and see if that helps.

Ruvim Pinka

Collin said:
[...]
(405)Method not allowed

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:630)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:128)

at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)
[...]

=====

Does anybody solve such problem ?

Try temporarily turning off the firewall that is included with XP SP2
and see if that helps.
thanks,

Certainly, it is first what i done..
- unsuccessful.

Andrew Thompson

Certainly, it is first what i done..

If that was before you posted, it might have been useful to
mention that.
- unsuccessful.

No good. :-(

What else did you try?

One thing that occured to me vaguely was that it might be
a manifestafion of the 'unmsvm.exe' bug, but AFAIU that is
not caused or triggered by SP2.

Is your URL open to us visiting? If so, what is it?

What form of applet element does it use in the HTML..
<APPLET>? <OBJECT>?

Paste the applet call (especially if you cannot post the URL).

Ruvim Pinka

Hello!

The one java network application work fine under Windows 2000 and XP
SP1, but don't work under XP SP2.

probably, problem is not in SP2
On a different machines an application has a differenet settings (very latent)..

In the Java Web Start Console i have a follow dump:
=====
Java 2 Runtime Environment: Version 1.4.2_03 by Sun Microsystems Inc.
AxisFault
faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HTTP
faultSubcode:
faultString: (405)Method not allowed
[...]
(405)Method not allowed

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:630)

Ruvim Pinka

Hello!
Thanks for your comments and questions,

The application now work all right.
I found a latent config (with help of FileMon :)
and correct them..
But SP2 was uninslalled already, therefore it dependence unknown.

Andrew Thompson said:
If that was before you posted, it might have been useful to
mention that.

No good. :-(

What else did you try?

One thing that occured to me vaguely was that it might be
a manifestafion of the 'unmsvm.exe' bug, but AFAIU that is
not caused or triggered by SP2.

Is your URL open to us visiting? If so, what is it?

What form of applet element does it use in the HTML..
<APPLET>? <OBJECT>?

Paste the applet call (especially if you cannot post the URL).

There used Java Web Start for launching.