Pocket PC Emulator - connection problems

amit.amitkohli

Hello,

Am developing a web app (.Net 2.0) that can be accessed from a Pocket
PC device. For testing the app, fired up the emulator from device
manager (in VS2005), but when I try to use Pocket IE I get either a
"Cannot connect" or "Page not found" message.

I can provide details of configuration steps if anyone's interested,
but no luck so far. If anyone can point me in the right direction, much
obliged.

TIA

Amit Kohli

tdavisjr

Do you have ActiveSync 4.0 installed. If so, then you can connect your
emulation program to use ActiveSync that is installed on your desktop.

In VS 2005, bring up the device emulation manager. Connect to the
emulator you want, then on the Actions menu on the device emulation
manager select Cradle. This will cause your emulator to cradle just
like it was a real device. One note, to use this, ActiveSync must be
configured to use DMA and not a COM port.