POD documentation

Abhijit

Hello everyone,

When I write a POD document, it is not aligned properly. Some of the
words of next line have come to the previous one, some of the words
from one line exceeding column number 76 are being wrapped to next
line. Finally, the document will not be so readable.

Is there any utility to align the POD document? If not, then how do I
align the lines? just spaces and tabs are just too complex and above
all at the console, we don't get what we see in the POD document in
the .pm file !!!!

thanks in advance

-Abhijit

Big and Blue

Abhijit said:
When I write a POD document, it is not aligned properly. Some of the
words of next line have come to the previous one, some of the words
from one line exceeding column number 76 are being wrapped to next
line.

That is what is supposed to happen. The "standard" terminal is 80
characters wide, and you don't want lines longer than that.
Finally, the document will not be so readable.

Actually, it will, in general, be more readable.
Is there any utility to align the POD document?

Pod is aligning it - I take it you really mean "keep the line splitting
I have set".

Just indent everything you want left alone with one space.
and above
all at the console, we don't get what we see in the POD document in
the .pm file !!!!

You get to see the logical contents. POD documentation can be turned
into "text", html, PostScript, latex (and thence PDF). Each of these has
different widths and so you shouldn't be interested in line breaks except
in things such as code examples.