Pogo Game, etc

ineedyourluvin1

I'm a pogo fan and an anspiring Java programmer/software
deceloper/enginneeer .
I'm curious if maybe the source code could be out on the internet
somewhere .
Do you think that maybe somebody could also explain to me about how
the graphics are created and what libraries are they using to create
game such
as poppit, etc.... I know about swing but isnt swing for creating
windows and
user interfaces ? (kind of like visual basic???) .

I would really apprececiate any input regarding my question .

Steve Sobol

I'm a pogo fan and an anspiring Java programmer/software
deceloper/enginneeer .
I'm curious if maybe the source code could be out on the internet
somewhere .
Do you think that maybe somebody could also explain to me about how
the graphics are created and what libraries are they using to create
game such
as poppit, etc.... I know about swing but isnt swing for creating
windows and
user interfaces ? (kind of like visual basic???) .

I would really apprececiate any input regarding my question .

GameGardens.com and grab.com are places where you can create Java games and
upload them. You may put up hosted games or have people download games that
you will optionally charge money for. GameGarden, in particular, has a whole
Java API that you can check out. There are a couple other sites that do
similar things. I forget the URLs.

trippy

(e-mail address removed) took the hamburger, threw it on the grill, and
I said "Oh wow"...
I'm a pogo fan and an anspiring Java programmer/software
deceloper/enginneeer .

Me too, actually. Java games you can play on the browser have fascinated
me since I saw them.
I'm curious if maybe the source code could be out on the internet
somewhere .

The bad news, probably not.

The good news, you might not be so far from doing this yourself.

Make an applet
Make a game to run in the applet
Use JDBC or JDBC/ODBC to keep track of scores
Use a servlet/jsp's to log in to play the games

The rest is just making it look good.

I guess this is simplified by a lot but that's the general idea. Nothing
mystical or magical about it.
Do you think that maybe somebody could also explain to me about how
the graphics are created and what libraries are they using to create
game such
as poppit, etc.... I know about swing but isnt swing for creating
windows and
user interfaces ? (kind of like visual basic???) .

I don't know ****-all about a lot in java. I'll hand this off to someone
who knows more than I do about that kind of thing.
I would really apprececiate any input regarding my question .

--
trippy
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30

NP: "Jelly Roll" -- Blue Murder

"Now, technology's getting better all the time and that's fine,
but most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocketknife,
and a smile."

-- Robert Redford "Spy Game"

Oliver Wong

I know about swing but isnt swing for creating
windows and
user interfaces ? (kind of like visual basic???) .

It is possible to use Swing in applets too, not just in applications.

- Oliver