    user interfaces ? (kind of like visual basic???) .

    I would really apprececiate any input regarding my question .
    , Feb 14, 2006

  2. Steve Sobol Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm a pogo fan and an anspiring Java programmer/software
    > deceloper/enginneeer .
    > I'm curious if maybe the source code could be out on the internet
    > somewhere .
    > Do you think that maybe somebody could also explain to me about how
    > the graphics are created and what libraries are they using to create
    > game such
    > as poppit, etc.... I know about swing but isnt swing for creating
    > windows and
    > user interfaces ? (kind of like visual basic???) .
    >
    > I would really apprececiate any input regarding my question .

    GameGardens.com and grab.com are places where you can create Java games and
    upload them. You may put up hosted games or have people download games that
    you will optionally charge money for. GameGarden, in particular, has a whole
    Java API that you can check out. There are a couple other sites that do
    similar things. I forget the URLs.

    Company website: http://JustThe.net/
    E: Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
    Steve Sobol, Feb 14, 2006

  3. trippy Guest

    In article <>,
    took the hamburger, threw it on the grill, and
    I said "Oh wow"...

    > I'm a pogo fan and an anspiring Java programmer/software
    > deceloper/enginneeer .

    Me too, actually. Java games you can play on the browser have fascinated
    me since I saw them.

    > I'm curious if maybe the source code could be out on the internet
    > somewhere .

    The bad news, probably not.

    The good news, you might not be so far from doing this yourself.

    Make an applet
    Make a game to run in the applet
    Use JDBC or JDBC/ODBC to keep track of scores
    Use a servlet/jsp's to log in to play the games

    The rest is just making it look good.

    I guess this is simplified by a lot but that's the general idea. Nothing
    mystical or magical about it.

    > Do you think that maybe somebody could also explain to me about how
    > the graphics are created and what libraries are they using to create
    > game such
    > as poppit, etc.... I know about swing but isnt swing for creating
    > windows and
    > user interfaces ? (kind of like visual basic???) .

    I don't know ****-all about a lot in java. I'll hand this off to someone
    who knows more than I do about that kind of thing.

    --
    trippy
    mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30

    NP: "Jelly Roll" -- Blue Murder

    "Now, technology's getting better all the time and that's fine,
    but most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocketknife,
    and a smile."

    -- Robert Redford "Spy Game"
    trippy, Feb 14, 2006
  4. Oliver Wong Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > I know about swing but isnt swing for creating
    > windows and
    > user interfaces ? (kind of like visual basic???) .

    It is possible to use Swing in applets too, not just in applications.

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Feb 16, 2006