poi hssf getCellStyle problem

cosmo

hey there,

i have a big problem with those cellstyles. i want to add background
color to some cells, but apparently i just can "change" cell styles
from cells which already "have one".
for better understanding of my problem, here's the code:

for ( int i = 0; i <= rowcount; i++ ) {
for (int j = 0; j <= colcount; j++) {
HSSFRow row = s1.getRow((short)i);
if (row != null) {
HSSFCell cell = row.getCell((short)j);
if (cell != null) {
HSSFCellStyle style = cell.getCellStyle();
style.setFont(font);
style.setWrapText(true);
style.setFillForegroundColor(colorIndex);

if ( (j%4== 0) && (colorIndex ==
HSSFColor.LIGHT_CORNFLOWER_BLUE.index) ) {
colorIndex = HSSFColor.LEMON_CHIFFON.index;
}
else if ( (j%4== 0) && (colorIndex ==
HSSFColor.LEMON_CHIFFON.index) ) {
colorIndex =
HSSFColor.LIGHT_CORNFLOWER_BLUE.index;

this piece of code just works for cells, which already have attributes
in their cell styles like background color and border. cells which
just have a border and no color won't get the instructed color...

does anybody know what to do? is the method cell.getCellStyle() not
the best option in this case?

best regards and thx in advance,
manuela

Joined
Jan 18, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
can u help me??

i need to transfer data from a xls sheet to xls sheet..thats done..but i am not able to tansfer it with same font size...the destination sheet takes data in default 'arial 10' font..where as source sheet has 'arail 8'...plz help:-(