Point and Click Weather Map does not work on all browsers

Francis Ardi

I posted this release on rec.travel.air to get more publicity
for my online weatehr forecast and interactive web page map design.

Part of the posting includes:

Having learned Java programming, I've come up with this really neat weather
map where you just
point and click on whatever city or town when its name is displayed as you
move your mouse
across the map.
The URL is http://www.click-map.com .
At this time, it covers only the United States, Canada and Mexico.
I hope to add Europe and the Caribbean as soon as I can find a good source
of meteorological information
for those parts of the world.

Some responses I got

Another advantage of weather.com is that it actually works. I just tried the
click-map.com site and get a message that my browser is not Java-compatible.
In fact the demos at Sun's Java site work fine.
The map on the home page doesn't load with my Java-enabled Mozilla
1.2.1. Your help only gives help for IE....all this is OK but it's
better if you state up front what browsers are required.

Actually, don't even do that. Make the site accessible by ALL
browsers used (Netscape 4.x, 7.x, IE, Mozilla, Opera, Links, Lynx,
Chimera, Konqueror, Safari, etc.) I refuse to visit any page that
states that it is 'best viewed with XXX browser', because you are
limiting which people can see your site. Don't assume everyone is using
the same browser.

Any Suggestions?

Francis Ardi