Point and Click Weather Map does not work on all browsers

Discussion in 'Java' started by Francis Ardi, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Francis Ardi

    Francis Ardi Guest

    I posted this release on rec.travel.air to get more publicity
    for my online weatehr forecast and interactive web page map design.

    Part of the posting includes:

    Having learned Java programming, I've come up with this really neat weather
    map where you just
    point and click on whatever city or town when its name is displayed as you
    move your mouse
    across the map.
    The URL is http://www.click-map.com .
    At this time, it covers only the United States, Canada and Mexico.
    I hope to add Europe and the Caribbean as soon as I can find a good source
    of meteorological information
    for those parts of the world.

    Some responses I got

    Another advantage of weather.com is that it actually works. I just tried the
    click-map.com site and get a message that my browser is not Java-compatible.
    In fact the demos at Sun's Java site work fine.

    > The map on the home page doesn't load with my Java-enabled Mozilla
    > 1.2.1. Your help only gives help for IE....all this is OK but it's
    > better if you state up front what browsers are required.

    Actually, don't even do that. Make the site accessible by ALL
    browsers used (Netscape 4.x, 7.x, IE, Mozilla, Opera, Links, Lynx,
    Chimera, Konqueror, Safari, etc.) I refuse to visit any page that
    states that it is 'best viewed with XXX browser', because you are
    limiting which people can see your site. Don't assume everyone is using
    the same browser.

    Any Suggestions?

    Francis Ardi

    Francis Ardi, Jul 10, 2003