Pointer to Function Inside Struct using Static

Bryan Parkoff

I know how to write "Pointer to Function" inside struct or class without
using static, but I have decided to add static to all functions inside
struct or class because I want member functions to be bound inside struct or
class to become global functions. It makes easier for me to use
"struct.memberfunction()" instead of "globalfunction()" when I have to use
dot between struct and member function rather than global function.
I do not have to depend on namespace to bound struct variables and
global functions. The problem is that pointer to global function can't be
converted to "this" to function array because static member function is
considered the global function so "this" to function array is not supported
by C++ Compiler.
The reason is that I prefer to avoid member functions inside struct or
class because optimization under C++ compiler does not use x86's 7 registers
and it has to create many instructions to sustain only one to two registers.
It would be very slow and degrade the performance. Global functions are
highly recommended to access struct or class variable so they can access 7
registers after optimization. It has reduced un-needed instructions. It
increases best performance.
If there is no way to fix my error in this code below, I would stick
struct variable and global functions inside namespace.

// Load.h
class _MPU
{
public:
static void (*Run2[2056])(void);

unsigned int A;
unsigned int B;
unsigned int C;
unsigned int D;
unsigned int E;
unsigned int F;
unsigned int G;
unsigned int Inc;

static void AA(void);
static void BB(void);
static void CC(void);
static void DD(void);
static void EE(void);
static void FF(void);
static void GG(void);

void Init(void);
void Run(void);
};
extern _MPU MPU;

// Load.cpp
#include "Load.h"

_MPU MPU;

void (_MPU::*Run2[2056])(void) =
{
_MPU::AA,
_MPU::BB,
_MPU::CC,
_MPU::DD,
_MPU::EE,
_MPU::FF,
_MPU::GG,
};

void _MPU::AA(void)
{
MPU.A += 1;
MPU.B += 1;
MPU.C += 1;
MPU.D += 1;
MPU.E += 1;
MPU.F += 1;
MPU.G += 1;
return;
}

void _MPU::BB(void)
{
MPU.A += 2;
MPU.B += 2;
MPU.C += 2;
MPU.D += 2;
MPU.E += 2;
MPU.F += 2;
MPU.G += 2;
return;
}

void _MPU::CC(void)
{
MPU.A += 3;
MPU.B += 3;
MPU.C += 3;
MPU.D += 3;
MPU.E += 3;
MPU.F += 3;
MPU.G += 3;
return;
}

void _MPU::DD(void)
{
MPU.A += 4;
MPU.B += 4;
MPU.C += 4;
MPU.D += 4;
MPU.E += 4;
MPU.F += 4;
MPU.G += 4;
return;
}

void _MPU::EE(void)
{
MPU.A += 5;
MPU.B += 5;
MPU.C += 5;
MPU.D += 5;
MPU.E += 5;
MPU.F += 5;
MPU.G += 5;
return;
}

void _MPU::FF(void)
{
MPU.A += 6;
MPU.B += 6;
MPU.C += 6;
MPU.D += 6;
MPU.E += 6;
MPU.F += 6;
MPU.G += 6;
return;
}

void _MPU::GG(void)
{
MPU.A += 7;
MPU.B += 7;
MPU.C += 7;
MPU.D += 7;
MPU.E += 7;
MPU.F += 7;
MPU.G += 7;
return;
}

void _MPU::Init(void)
{
Inc = 0;
A = 0x41;
B = 0x51;
C = 0x61;
D = 0x71;
E = 0x81;
F = 0x91;
G = 0xA1;
return;
}

void _MPU::Run(void)
{
// AA();
// BB();
// CC();
// DD();
// EE();
// FF();
// GG();
}

// Main.cpp
#include <stdio.h>
#include "Load.h"

void main (void)
{
MPU.Init();

MPU.Run();
// MPU.Run2();

printf("Hello...\n");
}

Error compiling
Compiling...
Load.cpp
D:\Test\Load.cpp(7) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from
'void (__cdecl *)(void)' to 'void (__thiscall _MPU::*)(void)'
There is no context in which this conversion is possible
D:\Test\Load.cpp(8) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from
'void (__cdecl *)(void)' to 'void (__thiscall _MPU::*)(void)'
There is no context in which this conversion is possible
D:\Test\Load.cpp(9) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from
'void (__cdecl *)(void)' to 'void (__thiscall _MPU::*)(void)'
There is no context in which this conversion is possible
D:\Test\Load.cpp(10) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from
'void (__cdecl *)(void)' to 'void (__thiscall _MPU::*)(void)'
There is no context in which this conversion is possible
D:\Test\Load.cpp(11) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from
'void (__cdecl *)(void)' to 'void (__thiscall _MPU::*)(void)'
There is no context in which this conversion is possible
D:\Test\Load.cpp(12) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from
'void (__cdecl *)(void)' to 'void (__thiscall _MPU::*)(void)'
There is no context in which this conversion is possible
D:\Test\Load.cpp(13) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from
'void (__cdecl *)(void)' to 'void (__thiscall _MPU::*)(void)'
There is no context in which this conversion is possible
Main.cpp
Error executing cl.exe.

Test.exe - 7 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Note:
Need to fix error like this below.
void (_MPU::*Run2[2056])(void) =
{
_MPU::AA,
_MPU::BB,
_MPU::CC,
_MPU::DD,
_MPU::EE,
_MPU::FF,
_MPU::GG,
};
______________________________________

Bryan Parkoff

Victor Bazarov

Bryan said:
[...]
void (_MPU::*Run2[2056])(void) =

Change it to

void (*_MPU::Run2[2056])(void) =

the difference is where the asterisk is placed. In your case it
makes the declaration "an array of pointers to members of _MPU",
in my it makes it "an array of pointers to functions".