Polar to Rectangular conversion

Alexander Weddell

Hi,

I'm currently working on a university project where I am implementing a form
of amplifier on an FPGA.

Basically I've got to the stage where I need to convert a stream of values
from magnitude-angle form to real-complex. I've been doing a bit of research
and have discovered the CORDIC algorithm. However, it seems that I need to
use a rather large look-up table in order to implement it with any accuracy.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has experience of implementation of
this, or any other algorithm, for this purpose. Does anyone know an
alternative efficient way to convert from polar to rectangular?

Kind regards,
Alex.