Poll: Best JVM Web Framework 2011

Discussion in 'Java' started by Peter Horlock, Feb 26, 2011.

  1. Peter Horlock, Feb 26, 2011

  2. Peter Horlock

    Lew Guest

    On 02/26/2011 04:33 AM, Peter Horlock wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > based on a test from Matt in 2007, I've created a poll to find out
    > what the best Web framework you know.
    > I've collected over 70 Frameworks I found, in case you know a better
    > one,
    > just use the name field to put the name of the other framework, in the
    > last
    > "other" field.
    > Here's the survey:
    > http://www.doodle.com/bga6m28r26iazzpb?newDesign=false

    What's the advantage to me?

    --
    Lew
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.

    Lew, Feb 26, 2011

  3. Peter Horlock

    john gresh Guest

    On Feb 26, 4:33 am, Peter Horlock <>
    wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > based on a test from Matt in 2007, I've created a poll to find out
    > what the best Web framework you know.
    > I've collected over 70 Frameworks I found, in case you know a better
    > one,
    > just use the name field to put the name of the other framework, in the
    > last
    > "other" field.
    > Here's the survey:http://www.doodle.com/bga6m28r26iazzpb?newDesign=false
    >
    > P.s.: Here's Matt's  evaluation:http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AtkkDCT2WDMXdC1HOEtnUHpCejJMb...
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Peter

    Wasn't quite sure how to add other frameworks to the poll. How about
    POJO (and/or none of the above) or JSTL?

    john gresh, Feb 26, 2011
  4. Peter Horlock

    Lew Guest

    On 02/26/2011 02:18 PM, john gresh wrote:
    > Peter Horlock wrote:
    >> based on a test from Matt in 2007, I've created a poll to find out

    Who?

    >> what the best Web framework you know.

    Why?

    >> I've collected over 70 Frameworks [sic] I found, in case you know a better one,
    >> just use the name field to put the name of the other framework, in the last
    >> "other" field.

    Again, why?

    >> Here's the survey: httÏ://www.doodle.spam/bga6m28r26iazzpb?newDesign=false
    >>
    >> P.s. [sic]: Here's Matt's evaluation:
    >> httÏ://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AtkkDCT2WDMXdC1HOEtnUHpCejJMb...more.spam
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Spammer

    > Wasn't quite sure how to add other frameworks to the poll. How about
    > POJO (and/or none of the above) or JSTL?

    The best Web framework I know is, "Don't support spammers."

    --
    Lew
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.

    Lew, Feb 26, 2011
  5. On 26-02-2011 16:03, Lew wrote:
    > On 02/26/2011 02:18 PM, john gresh wrote:
    >> Peter Horlock wrote:
    >>> based on a test from Matt in 2007, I've created a poll to find out

    > Who?
    >
    >>> what the best Web framework you know.

    > Why?
    >
    >>> I've collected over 70 Frameworks [sic] I found, in case you know a
    >>> better one,
    >>> just use the name field to put the name of the other framework, in
    >>> the last
    >>> "other" field.

    > Again, why?
    >
    >>> Here's the survey:
    >>> httÏ://www.doodle.spam/bga6m28r26iazzpb?newDesign=false
    >>>
    >>> P.s. [sic]: Here's Matt's evaluation:
    >>> httÏ://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AtkkDCT2WDMXdC1HOEtnUHpCejJMb...more.spam
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Spammer

    >> Wasn't quite sure how to add other frameworks to the poll. How about
    >> POJO (and/or none of the above) or JSTL?

    > The best Web framework I know is, "Don't support spammers."

    Why is it spam?

    Java web frameworks seems to be on topic in at least cljp.

    And Matt Raibble's evaluation is well known (many people do not
    agree with it, but that is another story).

    And

    Arne Vajhøj, Feb 26, 2011
  6. Peter Horlock

    Lew Guest

    On 02/26/2011 04:11 PM, Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    > On 26-02-2011 16:03, Lew wrote:

    >> Who?

    >> Why?

    >> Again, why?

    >>> Wasn't quite sure how to add other frameworks to the poll. How about
    >>> POJO (and/or none of the above) or JSTL?

    >> The best Web framework I know is, "Don't support spammers."

    > Why is it spam?
    >
    > Java web frameworks seems to be on topic in at least cljp.
    >
    > And Matt Raibble's evaluation is well known (many people do not
    > agree with it, but that is another story).

    I'm not questioning discussion of Web frameworks, but that's not what the OP
    offered.

    The OP asked us to participate in a "poll" of such frameworks, without a word
    of explanation or enrollment as to the value of our participation. He
    referred to "Matt" with no last name, so of course I asked "Who?" How would I
    know of which "Matt" he spoke?

    There are a lot of spam posts in these newsgroups. It's only fair that
    posters who put something up that is superficially spam-like should provide
    additional information, and responses to our questions, to let us know that
    they are legitimate.

    --
    Lew
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.

    Lew, Feb 26, 2011
  7. On 26-02-2011 17:38, Lew wrote:
    > On 02/26/2011 04:11 PM, Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Who?

    >>> Why?

    >>> Again, why?

    >>> The best Web framework I know is, "Don't support spammers."

    >> Why is it spam?
    >>
    >> Java web frameworks seems to be on topic in at least cljp.
    >>
    >> And Matt Raibble's evaluation is well known (many people do not
    >> agree with it, but that is another story).

    > I'm not questioning discussion of Web frameworks, but that's not what
    > the OP offered.
    >
    > The OP asked us to participate in a "poll" of such frameworks, without a
    > word of explanation or enrollment as to the value of our participation.
    > He referred to "Matt" with no last name, so of course I asked "Who?" How
    > would I know of which "Matt" he spoke?
    >
    > There are a lot of spam posts in these newsgroups. It's only fair that
    > posters who put something up that is superficially spam-like should
    > provide additional information, and responses to our questions, to let
    > us know that they are legitimate.

    I am pretty sure that the OP has posted here before.

    And happened to remember Matt Raibles evaluation.

    The slides are here:
    http://raibledesigns.com/rd/entry/my_comparing_jvm_web_frameworks

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Feb 27, 2011
  8. Peter Horlock

    Tom Anderson Guest

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2011, john gresh wrote:

    > On Feb 26, 4:33 am, Peter Horlock <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> based on a test from Matt in 2007, I've created a poll to find out what
    >> the best Web framework you know. I've collected over 70 Frameworks I
    >> found, in case you know a better one, just use the name field to put
    >> the name of the other framework, in the last "other" field. Here's the
    >> survey:http://www.doodle.com/bga6m28r26iazzpb?newDesign=false
    >>
    >> P.s.: Here's Matt's  evaluation:
    >> http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AtkkDCT2WDMXdC1HOEtnUHpCejJMb...

    > Wasn't quite sure how to add other frameworks to the poll. How about
    > POJO (and/or none of the above) or JSTL?

    This is a bit of a futile exercise, because nobody has used all the
    frameworks; i voted for Stripes, which i like, despite the fact that there
    are a dozen frameworks there i've never even heard of. It might be better
    as an elimination tournament; at least then you'd only need people to have
    used the two frameworks in each head-to-head.

    Why is this cross-posted to clj.beans? And do we consider web frameworks
    software tools?

    tom

    --
    Everything looks kind of OK