    Brief poll: Who is using SP1 beta of VS2008? If so, is it worth taking the
    leap and installing it?

    Thanks!
    Cirene, May 30, 2008

  2. Cirene

    Andy B Guest

    Re: Who is using VS2008 SP1?

    I don't for 1 main reason. I have code made in vs2008 that can't be changed
    around or messed with by some new way of doing things. My stuff is pretty
    critical for the client.

    Andy B, May 30, 2008

  3. Re: Who is using VS2008 SP1?

    re:
    !> I don't for 1 main reason. I have code made in vs2008 that can't be
    !> changed around or messed with by some new way of doing things.

    You have a mistaken impression regarding VS SP's.

    VS SP's do *not* change the way "things" function.
    They do, however, fix reported problems.

    You'll never see a function changed in a Visual Studio Service Pack.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, May 30, 2008