    What I can't find is how do I create a SOAPElement to represent a
    simple data type, eg. xsd:int

    Any help appreciatted, Andy
    -electric.com, Feb 18, 2005

  2. -electric.com wrote:

    > I have a .NET web service that defines a complex type in the wsdl. One
    > element of this wsdl does not define a type, but expects different
    > simple data types to be handled polymorphically.
    >
    > <s:complexType name="ItemValue">
    > <s:sequence>
    > <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="DiagnosticInfo"
    > type="s:string" />
    > <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="Value" />
    > <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="Quality"
    > type="s0:OPCQuality" />
    > </s:sequence>
    > </s:complexType>
    >
    > The generated java class for this complex type defines the Value
    > attribute as a
    > javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement.
    >
    > What I can't find is how do I create a SOAPElement to represent a
    > simple data type, eg. xsd:int

    You might want to ask or at least crosspost in a Java group if the
    question as I understand it is mainly about using a specific Java API
    for SOAP.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Feb 18, 2005

  3. -electric.com

    Andy Guest

    Thanks, but I have already tried comp.lang.java.programmer and
    microsoft.public.xml.soap with no success. I didn't crosspost as that
    usually seems to upset people.
    Andy, Feb 19, 2005