  1. How can I calculate the remainder of a polynomial division in an easy way
    ???
    Thanks, Manfred
    Manfred Balik, May 12, 2004

  2. On Wed, 12 May 2004 10:12:48 +0200, "Manfred Balik"
    <> wrote:

    >How can I calculate the remainder of a polynomial division in an easy way
    >???
    >Thanks, Manfred

    Is this for a CRC?

    Regards,
    Allan.
    Allan Herriman, May 12, 2004

  3. "Allan Herriman" <> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:...
    > On Wed, 12 May 2004 10:12:48 +0200, "Manfred Balik"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >How can I calculate the remainder of a polynomial division in an easy way
    > >???
    > >Thanks, Manfred

    > Is this for a CRC?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Allan.

    It's not exactly a normal CRC, but it's a checking of a bitstream (I think
    so).
    Manfred
    Manfred Balik, May 12, 2004
  4. On Wed, 12 May 2004 10:59:03 +0200, "Manfred Balik"
    <> wrote:

    >"Allan Herriman" <> schrieb im
    >Newsbeitrag news:...
    >> On Wed, 12 May 2004 10:12:48 +0200, "Manfred Balik"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >How can I calculate the remainder of a polynomial division in an easy way
    >> >???
    >> >Thanks, Manfred

    >> Is this for a CRC?
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Allan.

    >It's not exactly a normal CRC, but it's a checking of a bitstream (I think
    >so).

    What is abnormal about it? Do you have a specification you can share?

    What is the bit rate? This will determine the approach you take:
    lower rates are handled in a bit-serial manner and higher rates are
    handled in a bit-parallel manner.
    The cutover between serial and parallel implementations will be
    between 30-300Mb/s, depending on the technology and what clocks you
    have available, etc.

    Regards,
    Allan.
    Allan Herriman, May 12, 2004
  5. To find a valid telegram in a bitstream I have to divide a 1024 Bit word by
    a 76 Bit word
    if the reminder=0 it is the valid telegram
    if the reminder/=0 the 1024 Bits are shifted and the next bit from the
    bitstream is added
    divide again, and so on ....

    I have tried to program the algorithm like the mathematical division, but
    it's much to slow and needs a vast number of logiccells
    How can I calculate the remainder of a polynomial division in an easy way
    ???

    Thanks, Manfred

    "Allan Herriman" <> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:...
    > On Wed, 12 May 2004 10:59:03 +0200, "Manfred Balik"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Allan Herriman" <> schrieb

    im

    Manfred Balik, May 17, 2004
  6. Manfred Balik wrote:

    > I have tried to program the algorithm like the mathematical division, but
    > it's much to slow and needs a vast number of logiccells
    > How can I calculate the remainder of a polynomial division in an easy way

    How about a shifter and a few interposed xor gates.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=lfsr remainder hardware

    --Mike Treseler
    Mike Treseler, May 18, 2004