    1.1 at winXP)

    Thank you

    Anton
    Anton Stadler, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Anton Stadler

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    basically, no. the tree control is not yet a perfect science. it has issues.
    still what you are seeing falls withing the bounds of acceptable performance
    "Anton Stadler" <> wrote in message
    > hello folks,
    >
    > I impemented the treeview controll and it works correctly but it requires

    > lot of CPU time at the server. With aprox 50 nodes in the tree it takes
    > about 2.5 seconds ( on a 2500MHz/512MByte machine ) to be built at the
    > server. I tryed to databind an xml file as well as building up the hole

    tree
    > by adding each node programmatically (this is surprisingly even a little

    bit
    > faster) but it always requires aprox 2.5 seconds.
    >
    > Has anybody out there suffered the same problem or are there different
    > versions of webcontrols?
    > Does it make a difference which framework is running on the machine? (I

    use

    Alvin Bruney, Aug 24, 2003

  3. Hi Anton,

    You say you only have 50 nodes.
    Did use the a trace to check what is taking long to
    render.
    It could be the viewstate information.
    Check that first.

    Another thinkg you might want to conside is caching that
    tree control. That will speed it up alot.

    correctly but it requires a

    Hussein Ismail, Aug 28, 2003
  4. Anton Stadler

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    > Another thinkg you might want to conside is caching that
    > tree control. That will speed it up alot.

    be weary of caching the tree control. it wasn't made to be put in cache.
    Alvin Bruney, Aug 29, 2003