POP-before-SMPT

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Simon Cheng, Nov 27, 2005.

  1. Simon Cheng

    Simon Cheng Guest

    Hi,

    I am using the following C# code to send emails from my website hosted by an
    ISV:

    System.Web.Mail.MailMessage mm = new System.Web.Mail.MailMessage();
    mm.To = "xxx";
    mm.From = "xxx";
    mm.Subject = "xxx";
    mm.Body = "xxx";

    System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mail.seattledaohome.org";
    System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(mm);

    However, since this ISV imposes a POP-before-SMTP policy, I'll have to check
    POP3 emails before I can send emails via SMTP. I get the SMTP part, but how
    do I code for the "checking POP3 emails" part?

    Thanks,
    -Simon

    Simon Cheng, Nov 27, 2005

  2. Simon Cheng

    Simon Cheng Guest

    Just figured it out: specify "localhost" as SmtpMail.SmtpServer.

    -Simon

    Simon Cheng, Nov 28, 2005