    How can I code it in such a way the drop down menu overlaps the bottom frame

    I am using dreamweaver and fireworks........... cant attach the html
    file here

    pasupathy, Mar 30, 2006

  2. pasupathy

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, pasupathy quothed:

    > hello there,
    >
    > I have the following problem with this pop up menu and unable to solve
    > therefore please help me out.
    >
    > an index file, consists of a top and bottom frame.
    > In the top frame there is a pop up menu, when click the menu , the drop
    > down list is being overlapped by the bottom frame.
    >
    > How can I code it in such a way the drop down menu overlaps the bottom frame
    >
    > I am using dreamweaver and fireworks........... cant attach the html
    > file here

    Possibly by using the css z-index option.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Mar 30, 2006

  3. pasupathy

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", pasupathy
    finally proclaimed:

    > How can I code it in such a way the drop down menu overlaps the bottom
    > frame

    You can't do this using frames. The only way you can do what you are
    trying to achieve is to get rid of the frames entirely.

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry, Mar 30, 2006
  4. pasupathy

    pasupathy Guest

    Dylan Parry wrote:
    > Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", pasupathy
    > finally proclaimed:
    >
    >> How can I code it in such a way the drop down menu overlaps the bottom
    >> frame

    > You can't do this using frames. The only way you can do what you are
    > trying to achieve is to get rid of the frames entirely.

    OK, but then I have to load the menu in all the pages linked to the menu
    for navigation

    pasupathy, Mar 31, 2006
  5. pasupathy

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", pasupathy
    finally proclaimed:

    > OK, but then I have to load the menu in all the pages linked to the menu
    > for navigation

    You can do this using server side includes. Does your server support
    SSI/PHP or something like that?

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry, Mar 31, 2006