    allways on top and have control on the page under the pop-up without
    losing the "stay on top" ?

    Thank you

    Dan Pavel, Apr 14, 2005

  2. Dan Pavel

    Mythran Guest

    "Dan Pavel" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to make a pop-up window with some dynamic data that needs to
    > stay on top. It is opened from a web application. I managed to do it to
    > stay on top, inserting onblur="self.focus()" in body tag. My problem is
    > that when the pop-up window is up, I can't make anything on the parent
    > window (web application). It is there a way to have the pop-up windows
    > allways on top and have control on the page under the pop-up without
    > losing the "stay on top" ?
    >
    > Thank you

    In IE, you can. Use window.showModelessDialog instead of window.open or
    window.showDialog :)

    Mythran

    Mythran, Apr 14, 2005

  3. Dan Pavel

    Mythran Guest

    "Eliyahu Goldin" <> wrote in message
    > Then it won't stay on the top
    >
    > Eliyahu

    ???

    window.showModelessDialog makes it stay on top. So does
    window.showModalDialog. Both force the window to stay on top of the parent
    window.

    Mythran

    Mythran, Apr 14, 2005
  4. Then it won't stay on the top

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Apr 14, 2005
  5. Ok, good to know, thank you.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Apr 17, 2005
  6. Dan Pavel

    Jeebu Guest

    hi,
    u can use the window.showModalDialog('page,html','',feautures)

    Jeebu, Apr 18, 2005