Pop-up window keeps minimising

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Marty, Sep 8, 2005.

  1. Marty

    Marty Guest

    Hi,
    I am using Internet Explorer 6.0 and I have a piece code which pops up
    a new charges window whilst redirecting to a different page on the
    underlying aspx screen.

    However when my new pop up window appears it suddenly minimises itself.

    The code seems fine, but here it is just in case anyone can spot
    anything.

    Dim url As String = "../Charges/Charges.aspx?LicenceID=" & licenceId
    '& "&readOnlyStatus=" & readOnlyStatus

    Dim urlShowLicence As String =
    "ShowTbl_LicencesRecord.aspx?Tbl_Licences=" & licenceId

    RegisterClientScriptBlock("SHOWCHARGES", "<script
    language=javascript>window.open('" + url +
    "','Charges','width=940,height=600');window.navigate('" +
    urlShowLicence + "');</script>")

    Are there any settings in my IE6 that I should be checking?
    Any info. would be much appreciated.
    M.

    Marty, Sep 8, 2005

  2. Marty

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Is it minimizing or just going to the background?
    Most likely the redirection is after the open so it's (guessing here)
    gaining .focus() and coming to the front.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com

    Curt_C [MVP], Sep 8, 2005

  3. Marty

    Marty Tech Guest

    Hi Curt,
    Yeah, it definitely minimising and the focus is then being kept on the
    re-directed page.
    I tried switching the re-direct to occur before the open, but it made no
    difference.
    ie.

    RegisterClientScriptBlock("SHOWCHARGES", "<script
    language=javascript>window.navigate('" + urlShowLicence +
    "');window.open('" + url +
    "','Charges','width=940,height=600');</script>")

    Marty Tech, Sep 8, 2005