Pop up window won't stop popping up! Help please!

Discussion in 'HTML' started by johnsonholding@yahoo.com, Mar 27, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Here is the script I have in my page :

    <!-- Begin
    function popUp(URL) {
    day = new Date();
    id = day.getTime();
    eval("page" + id + " = window.open(URL, '" + id + "',
    'toolbar=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,width=194,height=146,left
    = 440,top = 288');");
    }

    // End -->
    </script>

    It opens a new window when the user clicks on a certain link.

    Well, somewhere else in the page, I embeded a flash media object and
    found out now that everytime the page opens, the pop up window opens
    too which is NOT what I want. I want the Popup window to only open
    when the user clicks on a text link (which it did work perfectly until
    I put in the flash object).

    So why is the flash object calling the popup window instead of just
    playing like it is supposed to?

    , Mar 27, 2006

    Ok, here is my newest version of the script :

    function jumpUp(URL) {
    window.open(URL,
    "w"+(new Date()).getTime(),
    "width=194,height=146,top=440,top=288");
    }

    </script>

    And here is the Call to for the Popup window :

    Works in Firefox, but I get an error in IE 6.0

    Here is the Flash :
    <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0"
    width="246" height="172">
    <param name="movie"
    value="flash/knucklehead.swf">
    <param name="quality"
    value="high"><param name="LOOP" value="false">
    <embed src="flash/knucklehead.swf"
    width="246" height="172" loop="false" quality="high"
    pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
    type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

    Any help is appreciated.

    , Mar 27, 2006