pop3 and http proxy

Daniel

Hi,
I need to write a small tool to read mail from a mailbox using pop3.
the problem i have is that i use proxy to connect to the internet, and
the Net::pop3 does not support proxy. outlook can get to the mailbox
with no problem.
can someone give me direction how do i use proxy for pop3 in perl?

Regards,

Daniel

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Daniel said:
I need to write a small tool to read mail from a mailbox using pop3.
the problem i have is that i use proxy to connect to the internet, and
the Net::pop3 does not support proxy. outlook can get to the mailbox
with no problem.
can someone give me direction how do i use proxy for pop3 in perl?

Did you search for "proxy" at CPAN?

A commercial Perl script that works fine also on proxy connections is: