POP3 over SSL

Archit Baweja

Hi

So I was experimenting with Net::pOP3 and my GMail account. I was
wondering if anyone knew about pop3 over ssl (since gmail requires SSL
connections). I also bumped into this thread
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/2780
which says that a SSL patch for Net::pOP3 was "checked in". But I can't
seem to find any of the Net::pOP3#enable_ssl and friend methods.

Any ideas?
Archit Baweja

ts

A> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/2780
A> which says that a SSL patch for Net::pOP3 was "checked in". But I can't
A> seem to find any of the Net::pOP3#enable_ssl and friend methods.

It's in 1.9.0

uln% grep VERSION version.h
#define RUBY_VERSION "1.9.0"
#define RUBY_VERSION_CODE 190
#define RUBY_VERSION_MAJOR 1
#define RUBY_VERSION_MINOR 9
#define RUBY_VERSION_TEENY 0
uln%

uln% grep enable_ssl lib/net/pop.rb
def POP3.enable_ssl(verify = OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_PEER, certs = nil)
def enable_ssl(verify = OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_PEER, certs = nil,
uln%

Guy Decoux