    is upgrading email servers and I need to move all the email out of the old
    server into the new one.

    Matt

    Matthew H, Sep 29, 2003

  2. On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:50:32 -0500
    "Matthew H" <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a perl script that will pop3 all the messages
    > out of a given account and then SMTP them into a different account?
    > What I am doing is upgrading email servers and I need to move all
    > the email out of the old server into the new one.

    For a "pre-made" solution, go to http://freshmeat.net. You may find
    something there.

    If you want to write your own, use Net::pOP3 and Net::SMTP.

    If you work for a company and use a *NIX host system, have you used a
    test box to see what happens when you use the /var/spool directory for
    both SMTP servers apps? It _may_ not be a requirement to move the
    files at all. For example, when going from sendmail to postfix, it's
    mentioned in the FAQ on how to do this.

    Maybe you're really looking at moving email from one service such as
    Yahoo to Netscape or HotMail, in which case you can visit
    http://search.cpan.org and search for modules that deal with web based
    email -or- use Net::pOP3, Net::SMTP, and LWP. You _may_ run into
    issues though, because _some_ web based email requires that you have
    JavaScript enabled to view the mail (because they use JSP or an applet
    to maintain state between pages you view). I don't think LWP fits the

    HTH

    --
    Jim

    for more information.

    a fortune quote ...
    You will lose your present job and have to become a door to door
    mayonnaise salesman.

    James Willmore, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Matthew H

    Bob Smith Guest