    64bit servers ??
    (Do not need or want SMTP Toolkit !!)

    Pete (Northolt UK)
    p byers, Feb 25, 2010

  2. p byers

    Dan Guest

    "p byers" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a Registered copy of "POP3svg.Mailer" - it does not work on a
    > 64bit server.
    > (cant get any help from 'serverObjects.com' !!)

    It's a 32 bit component. It will work fine if you run your application pool
    in 32-bit mode.

    > The only other product that I can find is "ActiveEmail SMTP/POP3
    > Toolkit"
    >
    > * It is not a cheap product !!
    >
    > * Will it work on a 64bit server ?? (I can try the 'trial' version to
    > find out !!)

    Try asking the site where you buy it from. However, if it's only available
    as a 32 bit COM object, then again you'll have to run your application in
    32-bit mode.

    > Does anyone know of any other POP3 Toolkits for ASP Classic that work on
    > 64bit servers ??

    They should all work, in 32 bit more for 32 bit components ...

    --
    Dan
    Dan, Feb 25, 2010