Popen in Python3

Joseph L. Casale

I am trying to invoke a binary that requires dll's in two places all of
which are included in the path env variable in windows. When running
this binary with popen it can not find either, passing env=os.environ
to open made no difference.

Anyone know what might cause this or how to work around this?

Thanks,
jlc

Nobody

I am trying to invoke a binary that requires dll's in two places all of
which are included in the path env variable in windows. When running this
binary with popen it can not find either, passing env=os.environ to open
made no difference.

Anyone know what might cause this or how to work around this?

Do any of the DLLs have dependencies of their own which need to be found?

Do DLLs with the same name exist in directories which are searched before
%PATH%? Directories listed in %PATH% are searched after all other options
have failed.

The relevant MSDN page appears to be:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682586(v=vs.85).aspx