    Anyone know what might cause this or how to work around this?

    Thanks,
    jlc

    Joseph L. Casale, Jun 20, 2013

  2. Joseph L. Casale

    Nobody Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 23:03:05 +0000, Joseph L. Casale wrote:

    > I am trying to invoke a binary that requires dll's in two places all of
    > which are included in the path env variable in windows. When running this
    > binary with popen it can not find either, passing env=os.environ to open
    > made no difference.
    >
    > Anyone know what might cause this or how to work around this?

    Do any of the DLLs have dependencies of their own which need to be found?

    Do DLLs with the same name exist in directories which are searched before
    %PATH%? Directories listed in %PATH% are searched after all other options
    have failed.

    The relevant MSDN page appears to be:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682586(v=vs.85).aspx

    Nobody, Jun 20, 2013