Popping up the "Open With" dialog window

Micah

I know it's possible to use os.startfile() to open/execute a file based on
its extension, but when a file is not recognized, I get a WindowsError with
Errno 1155.

Is there any way (using wxPython) to popup the "Open With" dialog that
appears when trying to open an unrecognized file in Windows Explorer?

Thanks,
Micah

--
=================================
Micah Z. Wedemeyer

Cliff Wells

I know it's possible to use os.startfile() to open/execute a file based on
its extension, but when a file is not recognized, I get a WindowsError with
Errno 1155.

Is there any way (using wxPython) to popup the "Open With" dialog that
appears when trying to open an unrecognized file in Windows Explorer?

No. You'll probably have to look to the native win32all package for
that.

Regards,
Cliff