    employees driving Toyota cars?

    See my post at:

    http://midtoad.homelinux.org/wp/?p=117

    Stewart Midwinter, Oct 20, 2005

  2. Stewart Midwinter

    beza1e1 Guest

    I just see a database error on your blog, perhaps you should have used
    Python instead of PHP? Ok, kidding ;)

    Since i can't see your comparison, i have to guess. PHP wins? Would not
    surprise me, because PHP+MySQL is the easiest hosting to get.
    Wordpress, Textpattern, ... are also much more polished.

    btw my blog runs on Python! :D
    http://beza1e1.tuxen.de
    beza1e1, Oct 20, 2005

  3. Stewart Midwinter

    beza1e1 Guest

    Uh, no good style to comment myself, sorry. I just found why i could't
    see your blog entry. Since i read your message through groups.google.de
    i just clicked on the link. Your Google Highlight plugin seems to be
    confused about that:

    Warning: Unknown modifier '/' in
    /var/www/html/wp/wp-content/plugins/google-hilite.php on line 107

    Warning: Unknown modifier 'w' in
    /var/www/html/wp/wp-content/plugins/google-hilite.php on line 105

    Not everybody who comes from google has a search query in his referer ;)
    beza1e1, Oct 20, 2005
  4. Stewart Midwinter a écrit :
    > I've made a comparison of the relative popularity of blogging tools
    > used by python programmers. I was surprised by the number of python
    > developers not using python for their blogs; isn't that like GM
    > employees driving Toyota cars?
    >
    > See my post at:
    >
    > http://midtoad.homelinux.org/wp/?p=117

    Could it be say that Python programmers are wise enough to reinvent the
    wheel ?-)

    (just kidding...)
    Bruno Desthuilliers, Oct 20, 2005
  5. Well, Python, Zope & Plone hosting are quite popular. However python
    based blog software isn't as sexy as let's say blogger.

    For SPE I first used a combination of PyDS&pycs.net. It is free for
    everyone, but unfortunately not stable enough to my standards.

    Luckily I got sponsored by zettai.net, who offer me excellent Zope
    hosting. There I use CoreBlog as I wanted consciously to use a python
    product.

    As a rule of thumb: when you are totally happy with the templates of
    prepacked blogs like blogger, then stick with that. But... even though
    they look slick, they all look the same. It's a bit the same problem of
    flash. So if you really want to modify your blog, you better take a
    product which is written in a language you understand. That's the
    reason why I like to work with Zope, Plone and CoreBlog.

    But I guess a python programmer using other blog systems is not as bad
    as a microsoft worker googling for the newest ipod. I'm sure a lot Perl
    or Ruby programmers also use mailman for their mailing lists.

    Stani

    http://pythonide.stani.be
    http://pythonide.stani.be/blog
    http://pythonide.stani.be/manual/html/manual.html
    SPE - Stani's Python Editor, Oct 20, 2005
  6. Stewart Midwinter

    Guest

    , Oct 20, 2005