populate a pdf form

Sam

Hi,

I am trying to write a c-program to run on HP-UNIX to populate a pdf
form with data, can you guys give me a starting point (a full example
would be great!)

Mike Wahler

Sam said:

Your question is not topical for comp.lang.c.

Read this to find out why:
http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/bchambless0/welcome_to_clc.html

You may also find the C FAQ useful (but it won't help you
with PDF):
I am trying to write a c-program to run on HP-UNIX to populate a pdf
form with data, can you guys give me a starting point (a full example
would be great!)

Try visiting adobe.com and look for API information.
(look for 'developer info' or similar). (Adobe Systems
is the creator of PDF format).

There's also a site with a repository of info on many common
file formats: www.wotsit.org (I don't know if it has anything
on PDF, but imo worth a look.)

-Mike

Erik de Castro Lopo

Sam said:
Hi,

I am trying to write a c-program to run on HP-UNIX to populate a pdf
form with data, can you guys give me a starting point (a full example
would be great!)

I strongly recommend a language other than C for this task.

Your best bet would be a combination of Python (or Perl or Tcl)
and LateX. Python can be used to manipulate the LateX text, filling
in the form and then run the LateX code throught the pdflatex
program to generate the PDF.

Using Python/Latex, this shouldn't take more than a day to code and
test. In C you have a *BIG* job ahead of you.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo (e-mail address removed) (Yes it's valid)
"Having a firewall that allows NFS to the Internet is like having a
seat belt that lets your head touch the dashboard." -- Marcus Ranum