Populate a popup window with clickable records from an Access DB and upon clicking, populate a selec

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Enjoy Life, Feb 23, 2005.

  1. Enjoy Life

    Enjoy Life Guest

    We have an ASP site that hits up an Access database of categories of
    products and products. (e.g. Categories = Napkins, Tablecloths;
    Products = 20x20 Napkins, 21x21 Napkins, 54x54 Tablecloths, 60x60
    Tablecloths)

    We currently have select boxes that when you select a category, it
    populates the next select box with the proper list of products (i.e. I
    select Napkins as a category, I get a listing of the Napkins)

    We would like to put a clickable link before each of these select
    boxes that would pull up a pop up with links from the records from the
    proper table. (e.g. I click the categories link and a popup with html
    anchor tags of Napkins and Tablecloths appear) I click on the Napkins
    anchor and it populates the Categories Select box with Categories and
    Napkins being selected.

    Thanks in advance.

    Enjoy Life, Feb 23, 2005

  2. Enjoy Life wrote:
    > We have an ASP site that hits up an Access database of categories of
    > products and products. (e.g. Categories = Napkins, Tablecloths;
    > Products = 20x20 Napkins, 21x21 Napkins, 54x54 Tablecloths, 60x60
    > Tablecloths)
    >
    > We currently have select boxes that when you select a category, it
    > populates the next select box with the proper list of products (i.e. I
    > select Napkins as a category, I get a listing of the Napkins)
    >
    > We would like to put a clickable link before each of these select
    > boxes that would pull up a pop up with links from the records from the
    > proper table. (e.g. I click the categories link and a popup with html
    > anchor tags of Napkins and Tablecloths appear) I click on the Napkins
    > anchor and it populates the Categories Select box with Categories and
    > Napkins being selected.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    This is not relevant to ASP, which is server-side code, so you are unlikely
    to get much response in this newsgroup. Popup windows require client-side
    code, which you can ask about in .scripting.jscript.

    Bob Barrows
    PS. Try to make your subject line more concise. It never helps to ask your
    entire question in the subject line.
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 23, 2005

  3. Enjoy Life

    Roland Hall Guest

    Re: Populate a popup window with - ERROR: excessive text truncated

    "Enjoy Life"
    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */
    :
    : We currently have select boxes that when you select a category, it
    : populates the next select box with the proper list of products (i.e. I
    : select Napkins as a category, I get a listing of the Napkins)
    :
    : We would like to put a clickable link before each of these select
    : boxes that would pull up a pop up with links from the records from the
    : proper table. (e.g. I click the categories link and a popup with html
    : anchor tags of Napkins and Tablecloths appear) I click on the Napkins
    : anchor and it populates the Categories Select box with Categories and
    : Napkins being selected.

    That is the longest subject line I have ever seen. I had to open the
    message in a new window and maximize it to read it all.
    The subject is a summary. The body is used for the message.

    Roland Hall, Feb 23, 2005