Populating 40,000 rows from Database.

csubramani

Hi Folks,

I have a stateless session bean that has to take 40,000 rows with 90
columns from the database and has to get populted to a excel spread
sheet. I'm getting into weblogic server idle time out due to processing
of heavy volume of records though the query returns the resultset data
fast. It take approximately 2 minutes to build a collection object and
looks like serialization took hell lot of time on this. Please suggest
me a better solution on how to bring the data 40,000 * 90 in a more
efficient way to the client thru Weblogic.

Thanks in advance for your help.

steve

Hi Folks,

I have a stateless session bean that has to take 40,000 rows with 90
columns from the database and has to get populted to a excel spread
sheet. I'm getting into weblogic server idle time out due to processing
of heavy volume of records though the query returns the resultset data
fast. It take approximately 2 minutes to build a collection object and
looks like serialization took hell lot of time on this. Please suggest
me a better solution on how to bring the data 40,000 * 90 in a more
efficient way to the client thru Weblogic.

Thanks in advance for your help.

don't

Jason King

steve said:
Can your database run a stored procedure to return a blob with the data
in tab delimited format? That should load into Excel just fine and do
all the data heavy lifting on the database.