Populating a textbox with selection from a treeview

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by hardieca@hotmail.com, Jul 26, 2007.

    I have created a treeview bound to a sitemap provider. I have put it
    into a user control (the control will be used for similar, but not
    always identical, functionality).

    The treeview expresses the hierarchy of sections in my website. In a
    page that edits sections, I would like to use the treeview to allow
    the user to select a parent section. My treeview is accurately showing
    my section tree, but of course when I click a link I am taken away to
    the node's URL.

    How do I stop the redirect from occurring, and how would I capture the
    node's ID so i can put it into a textbox? (I'll worry about resolving
    the ID to section name later...) I'd like to leave the node's URL as
    is, as I need it in different situations.

    I've tried playing around with OnSelectedNodeChanged, but I can't get
    it to fire... Do I need to enable checkboxes with the treeview?

    If there is an example somewhere someone could direct me to, I would
    be very grateful!

    Regards,

    Chris
    , Jul 26, 2007