Populating a textbox with selection from a treeview

hardieca

Hi,

I have created a treeview bound to a sitemap provider. I have put it
into a user control (the control will be used for similar, but not
always identical, functionality).

The treeview expresses the hierarchy of sections in my website. In a
page that edits sections, I would like to use the treeview to allow
the user to select a parent section. My treeview is accurately showing
my section tree, but of course when I click a link I am taken away to
the node's URL.

How do I stop the redirect from occurring, and how would I capture the
node's ID so i can put it into a textbox? (I'll worry about resolving
the ID to section name later...) I'd like to leave the node's URL as
is, as I need it in different situations.

I've tried playing around with OnSelectedNodeChanged, but I can't get
it to fire... Do I need to enable checkboxes with the treeview?

If there is an example somewhere someone could direct me to, I would
be very grateful!

Regards,

Chris