Populating Array In a Procedure

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by pessenm, Jun 13, 2008.

  1. pessenm

    pessenm

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2008
    Messages:
    8
    Hey all, I have the following procedure, which calls another procedure multiple times. I want to populate an array with the responses of each call. When I compile the code it gives me an error stating: The actual must be denoted by a static signal name, if the actual is associated with a signal parameter of any mode. It is referring to the Packet_Data_Read(I). What would be the valid way of populating this array so that I can pass it out of the read_packet_header procedure. Here is my code:

    procedure read_packet_header(signal Ext_clock : in STD_LOGIC;
    signal TX_ERROR_CODE : out STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(7 downto 0);
    signal Packet_Data_Read : out Header_Data_array_read;
    signal user : inout STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(7 downto 0);
    signal Command_Complete : in STD_LOGIC;
    signal User_Strobe : out STD_LOGIC;
    signal User_Active_test : out STD_LOGIC;
    signal SPI_En : in STD_LOGIC
    ) is

    begin
    write_bus(Ext_clock,READ_RX_BUFFER,User,Command_Complete,User_Strobe,SPI_En); --Write read RX buffer command

    --wait for 10 us;
    if(SPI_En = '1')then
    read_bus(Ext_clock,TX_ERROR_CODE,user,Command_Complete,User_Strobe,SPI_En,'1'); --source module
    end if;

    for I in 0 to 10 loop
    read_bus(Ext_clock,Packet_Data_Read(I),user,Command_Complete,User_Strobe,SPI_En,'1');
    end loop;
    end read_packet_header;

    Thanks for your help!
    pessenm, Jun 13, 2008

  2. pessenm

    pessenm

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2008
    Messages:
    8
    Does anyone have any idea why I am getting the above error? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

    pessenm
    pessenm, Jun 16, 2008