Popup ads

Jonathan Wolfson

I just am curious as to whether online advertising software is not
doing as well because of popup advertisement blockers, such as on
Mozilla and on the Google popup blocker. Would it not be advisable to
work for SpecificPOP or SpecificMEDIA, leaders in direct-response,
online marketing specializing in innovative technology that maximizes
ROI revenue for marketers? SpecificPOP helps sites like
wunderground.com, a site about weather, produce windows that offer gift
coupons of one hundred dollars or more, based on whether you check if
President Bush is good for America.

Bonj

I just am curious as to whether online advertising software is not
doing as well because of popup advertisement blockers, such as on
Mozilla and on the Google popup blocker.

Obviously. People find pop-ups annoying, don't know about 'users' but
personally the reason I find it annoying is because fundamentally what's
happening essentially is that a new instance of an application is starting
without my knowledge or approval.
Would it not be advisable to
work for SpecificPOP or SpecificMEDIA, leaders in direct-response,
online marketing specializing in innovative technology that maximizes
ROI revenue for marketers?

You would be most likely to make money out of such causes by developing
catchy advertising that doesn't rely on pop-ups, and to prove by the use of
statistics that it reaches more people than popup advertising would, because
of the percentage of PCs that have popup blockers enabled.

kaeli

jon3825 said:
I just am curious as to whether online advertising software is not
doing as well because of popup advertisement blockers, such as on
Mozilla and on the Google popup blocker. Would it not be advisable to
work for SpecificPOP or SpecificMEDIA, leaders in direct-response,
online marketing specializing in innovative technology that maximizes
ROI revenue for marketers? SpecificPOP helps sites like
wunderground.com, a site about weather, produce windows that offer gift
coupons of one hundred dollars or more, based on whether you check if
President Bush is good for America.

My opinion: advertizing backlash.
Consumers don't mind adverts all that much, especially when they're using
something for free in exchange for seeing adverts.
However, there are SO MANY adverts now, and they are SO INTRUSIVE, that
consumers are getting sick and tired of adverts in general.
The more advertizers try and shove it in our faces, the more we get tired of
hearing and seeing all the shit.
Tactfully done ads placed at the top or side of the page are fine.
Making me click though a full page ad to read an article, shoving it in my
face with script instead of popups, popups and popunders, and all the other
tactics that are intrusive are making me despise the companies using such
tactics. If I get fed up, I stop visiting a site altogether.

It's bad enough we pay for TV and movies and are still forced to sit through
ads. We have to see them all over -- on the road, in magazines, on the
internet. The more companies shove this shit in our faces, the less tolerant
we are of them.

My 2 cents.

~kaeli~
Punctuation, capitalization, and grammar are your friends,
and will help people think that you aren't such an ignorant
moron, after all.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace