Popup content randomly blank

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0aWFuIEphY29i?=, May 9, 2007.

  1. Hi everyone,

    I created a web application which presents a menu based on a sitemap. The
    menu entries are rendered using a Repeater with HyperLink controls as shown
    in the data tier tutorials on www.asp.net. So that the sub-pages are opened
    in own popup windows (i.e. without toolbar, navigationbar, etc.), the links
    refer to a javascript which basically does a window.open with all necessary
    settings.

    Also, all pages contain a ScriptManager and some of them Ajax UpdatePanels.

    I am encountering the following problem now:
    After I opened one or two of these popups, they don't work anymore:

    I open a popup the first time: It works.
    I open a popup the second time: It works.
    I open a popup the third time: It takes a while until the window opens, but
    the content will not be rendered (nor will a breakpoint in the code behind be
    hit). The Internet Explorer says "waiting for reply".

    How many times I can open popups differs. Some times, already the second
    time won't work anymore, sometimes it starts not to work anymore after I was
    able to open popups several times.

    On some computers, everything works without ANY problems.
    On some computers, the problem occurs as described above.

    Does anyone have a clue what might go wrong here?

    Desperately yours,
    Chris.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0aWFuIEphY29i?=, May 9, 2007

  2. On May 9, 10:36 am, Christian Jacob <cjacob AT nospam toptechnologies
    DOT de> wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I created a web application which presents a menu based on a sitemap. The
    > menu entries are rendered using a Repeater with HyperLink controls as shown
    > in the data tier tutorials onwww.asp.net. So that the sub-pages are opened
    > in own popup windows (i.e. without toolbar, navigationbar, etc.), the links
    > refer to a javascript which basically does a window.open with all necessary
    > settings.
    >
    > Also, all pages contain a ScriptManager and some of them Ajax UpdatePanels.
    >
    > I am encountering the following problem now:
    > After I opened one or two of these popups, they don't work anymore:
    >
    > I open a popup the first time: It works.
    > I open a popup the second time: It works.
    > I open a popup the third time: It takes a while until the window opens, but
    > the content will not be rendered (nor will a breakpoint in the code behind be
    > hit). The Internet Explorer says "waiting for reply".
    >
    > How many times I can open popups differs. Some times, already the second
    > time won't work anymore, sometimes it starts not to work anymore after I was
    > able to open popups several times.
    >
    > On some computers, everything works without ANY problems.
    > On some computers, the problem occurs as described above.
    >
    > Does anyone have a clue what might go wrong here?
    >
    > Desperately yours,
    > Chris.

    Looks like you forget to close either Connection or a DataReader or
    what ever you use at the end of your operations.

    P.S. No one can answer without knowing the code.

    Alexey Smirnov, May 9, 2007