Popup content randomly blank

Guest

Hi everyone,

I created a web application which presents a menu based on a sitemap. The
menu entries are rendered using a Repeater with HyperLink controls as shown
in the data tier tutorials on www.asp.net. So that the sub-pages are opened
in own popup windows (i.e. without toolbar, navigationbar, etc.), the links
refer to a javascript which basically does a window.open with all necessary
settings.

Also, all pages contain a ScriptManager and some of them Ajax UpdatePanels.

I am encountering the following problem now:
After I opened one or two of these popups, they don't work anymore:

I open a popup the first time: It works.
I open a popup the second time: It works.
I open a popup the third time: It takes a while until the window opens, but
the content will not be rendered (nor will a breakpoint in the code behind be
hit). The Internet Explorer says "waiting for reply".

How many times I can open popups differs. Some times, already the second
time won't work anymore, sometimes it starts not to work anymore after I was
able to open popups several times.

On some computers, everything works without ANY problems.
On some computers, the problem occurs as described above.

Does anyone have a clue what might go wrong here?

Desperately yours,
Chris.

[...]

Looks like you forget to close either Connection or a DataReader or
what ever you use at the end of your operations.

P.S. No one can answer without knowing the code.