Popup Message

Greg Smith

I am writing my first web app. What is the equivalent of the
MessageBox.Show in a windows app.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Javascript is the answer your question.

Execute a line of code like this when you want a message box to be
displayed.
(This writes out the necessary client side javascript to your HTML page to
make the alert pop up as soon as the page is sent to their browser.)

RegisterStartupScript("startupScript", "<script
language=JavaScript>alert('This is my message.');</script>");

Here's more info:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...mWebUIPageClassRegisterStartupScriptTopic.asp