    I am writing my first web app. What is the equivalent of the
    MessageBox.Show in a windows app.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Greg Smith, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Javascript is the answer your question.

    Execute a line of code like this when you want a message box to be
    displayed.
    (This writes out the necessary client side javascript to your HTML page to
    make the alert pop up as soon as the page is sent to their browser.)

    RegisterStartupScript("startupScript", "<script
    language=JavaScript>alert('This is my message.');</script>");

    Here's more info:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...mWebUIPageClassRegisterStartupScriptTopic.asp

    --
    I hope this helps,