    which should open Up in new windows. Before I replaced it with the Old one,
    I tried it out, using notepad and IE and it worked, Now after I have
    uploaded it, the windows wont Popup. Any Ideas?

    Joe Patrick, Oct 4, 2003

  2. Joe Patrick

    PeterMcC Guest

    Joe Patrick wrote:
    > On http://www.freewebs.com/railwaysonline/emu.html I have some
    > thumbnails which should open Up in new windows. Before I replaced it
    > with the Old one, I tried it out, using notepad and IE and it worked,
    > Now after I have uploaded it, the windows wont Popup. Any Ideas?

    Because it says

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,

    PeterMcC, Oct 4, 2003

  3. In article <blmuf9$sor$>,
    says...
    > On http://www.freewebs.com/railwaysonline/emu.html I have some thumbnails
    > which should open Up in new windows. Before I replaced it with the Old one,
    > I tried it out, using notepad and IE and it worked, Now after I have
    > uploaded it, the windows wont Popup. Any Ideas?

    You really need to do something with those images. For example,
    http://www.photobucket.com/albums/0803/railwaysonline/0be8318e.jpg
    is displayed at 125x100 pixels and is 58k. The image is really 640x480
    pixels. Simply scaling it in HTML is a bad idea. The poor unsuspecting
    trainspotter has to wait for hundreds of kilobytes of images to download
    just so that they can see the thumbnail. ON a 56k modem, the above
    image will take approximated 15 seconds to download. Assuming that the
    other images are the same size (I can't be arsed to check) you have
    almost 1 megabyte of images on one page. Some poor chuffer nutter has
    to wait nearly 5 minutes for the page to load.

    Resize the images to thumbnails in a graphics' package and do the
    thumbnail properly.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Oct 4, 2003
  4. "PeterMcC" <> wrote in message
    > Joe Patrick wrote:
    > > On http://www.freewebs.com/railwaysonline/emu.html I have some
    > > thumbnails which should open Up in new windows.

    They don't look like thumbnails to me. Proper thumbnails would be reduced in
    size to give fast loading. Then, when the user clicks on them, the full size
    picture will load.

    What you have done is to squeeze the full size pictures into a small space. This
    means they take just as long to load but are poorer quality. Find a good
    photo-editor and create some proper thumbnails. Your visitors will thank you.

    --
    Andrew Davidson

    Andrew Davidson, Oct 4, 2003