Popup - Sending back values

LIN

Hi,

I'm developing a website using ASP.NET. I have a calendar control which
popups when the user clicks on "Show Calendar" button.

Now, he selects two date. From and to date from the calendar. And there is
an "apply" button which should send back the date values to the ASP page.

How can i achieve this, i'm not sure how to send back the data from the pop
to that particular window.

ideas please.

thank you
LIN

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Hi,
Take a look at using "opener" in your Javascript. i.e.
opener.parent.document.Form1.myvariable.value = "date". I'm not sure of the
exact syntax but if you do a search on Google using "javascript
opener.parent" you should find something. Good luck. Ken.

Natty Gur

Hi,

in addition to Kens replay, if you use ShowModalDialog then set the
value on the calander using Window.Returnvalue. this value will return
to the variable in the calling page.
<CODE>
//calling page
var RetVal = ShowModalDialog(Calendar.aspx);

//calendar page
window.returnValue = "12/2/03";
</CODE>

Natty Gur, CTO