popup window delay... will this work for me.

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by athahar@gmail.com, Jul 5, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello i have a peculiar problem..
    i have a link in my webpage, which opens a pop-up window, in whch i'm
    embedding a flash file..
    this works fine as long as i give enough time to load the flash file
    properly..
    if i close the pop-up window before it propely loads the flash fiels,
    my original webpage gets hanged.
    so i thought i'l open my pop-up after some delay, such that there is
    enough time to load the flash file properly.
    my code looks like this..

    function Start(URL, WIDTH, HEIGHT) {
    windowprops = "left=50,top=50,width=" + WIDTH + ",height=" + HEIGHT;
    preview = window.open(URL, "preview", windowprops);
    if (closetime) setTimeout("preview.close();", closetime*1000);
    }

    function open_new(page) {
    width = 267; // width of window in pixels
    height = 103; // height of window in pixels
    delay = 2; // time in seconds before popup opens
    timer = setTimeout("Start( page, width, height)", delay*1000);
    }

    but still my problem is not solved.. any other mechanism, or any
    modification in the code required..
    please help as i'm very new to java script.

    , Jul 5, 2006