Popup Windows

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Ben Ong, Jan 28, 2005.

  1. Ben Ong

    Ben Ong Guest

    Hi i'm new to the .NET framework and i was playing around with popup
    windows. Can someone go into detail of how they work and what exactly
    happens in the page when a user clicks a hyperlink that brings up a pop
    up. Here are some snippets of my code:

    this is the hyperlink that is found in my webform:

    <asp:HyperLink id="HyperLink1" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 112px;
    POSITION: absolute; TOP: 272px" NavigateUrl="Webform1.aspx"
    runat="server" Text="HyperLink1"/>

    here is a snippet of the code found in my page load method:

    HyperLink1.Attributes.Add("onclick",
    "window.open('popup.aspx',null,'height=250, width=250,status= no,
    resizable= no, scrollbars=no, toolbar=no,location=no,menubar=no ');");

    popup.aspx, Webform1.aspx and HyperLink1 is already defined/debugged.
    all the code works fine on my machine i'm just trying to get a better
    understanding of it since i'm the new guy. And also is this the only
    way to do this? Because it seems that when the user clicks the
    hyperlink to bring up the popup, the page that contains the hyperlink
    has to reload to stay in the main web browser window.

    thanks,

    Ben Ong

    P.S. Thanks to all the developers who posts replies and are willing to
    help.

    Ben Ong, Jan 28, 2005