popups and accessing grid items (C# Only)

SBC-San Francisco

I have a page that looks like:

Check Out Column1 Column2 Column3
[]
| SUBMIT |
------------

the 4 columns are in a data grid and the submit button is not. When the
submit button is selected, I would like a small popup window to come up that
simply has a dropdownlist that contains all the individuals that the items
can be checked out to, and a check out button. When the checkout button
(from the popup window) is pressed I need to scan through the datagrid and
locate all items that are checked.

My problems are this:
1) Creating a C# popup and not a javascript pop up
2) Since either button isn't part of the datagrid, what is the best
practice method for scanning through the DataGrid to find the
selected items?

Let's leave it at that for now.

As always, any comments are appreciated.

Eliyahu Goldin

1) Creating a popup is a client-side task. The client is a browser. The
browser understands javascript and doesn't understand C#. There might be no
..NET framework installed on the client in the first place. In no way can you
make a popup without a javascript call. You can emit javascripts from your
server-side C# code though.

2) You don't need the button to be a part of the datagrid. In the server
code you can iterate through the grid's row collection using property
DataGrid.Items and through the row's cell collection using property Cells.

Eliyahu

JD

Thx..

Re: Popups: I figured that was the case...I supposed I was just praying that
it wasn't.