    and it is not modal. How do they do this even in IE7?

    Thanks
    Perry

    Perecli Manole, Jun 27, 2007

  2. On Jun 27, 9:47 am, "Perecli Manole" <> wrote:
    > In IE7, popup windows opened with Window.Open() behave differently than IE6
    > in that you can't get rid of the address bar or status bar even when
    > specified so in the Open() options. I was told by a few other developers
    > that this is a security measure and it is no longer possible to hide the
    > address bar. If this is true, I was wondering if anyone can explain how
    > Microsoft achieves just this in their Outlook for Web application. When
    > creating a new email, a popup appears with no address bar, no status bar,
    > and it is not modal. How do they do this even in IE7?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Perry

    This code is working well in IE7 and does no address or status bar

    onclick='window.open("/","windowName","toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,width=500,height=500");'>
    popup
    </a>

    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 27, 2007

  3. It's no secret. View the HTML and JavaScript source code.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP

    Printing Components, Email Components,
    http://www.miradyne.net

    Kevin Spencer, Jun 27, 2007
  4. I did that and I don't understand what they are doing. They are not using
    the window.open() approach.
    From the opener page, they have an <a> link that looks like this: <a
    href='http://mail/exchange/perry/Drafts/?Cmd=new'></a> and when the popup
    opens the context menu has been disabled so that you can't peek at the
    source code.

    Perry

    Perecli Manole, Jun 28, 2007
  5. On Jun 28, 11:16 am, "Perecli Manole" <> wrote:
    > I did that and I don't understand what they are doing. They are not using
    > the window.open() approach.
    > From the opener page, they have an <a> link that looks like this: <a
    > href='http://mail/exchange/perry/Drafts/?Cmd=new'></a> and when the popup
    > opens the context menu has been disabled so that you can't peek at the
    > source code.

    Perry, they are using the same window.open as I sent you.

    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 28, 2007
  6. This does not work for the Internet zone. It does work for the Intranet zone
    though.

    Perry

    Perecli Manole, Jun 28, 2007
  7. On Jun 28, 11:28 am, "Perecli Manole" <> wrote:
    > This does not work for the Internet zone. It does work for the Intranet zone
    > though.

    Ah, you're right! But this is related to security settings

    Open Tools - Internet Options - Security - Internet - Custom Level

    Find Miscellaneous, Allow websites to open windows without address or
    status bars

    You have it disabled by default

    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 28, 2007
  8. Hmm.. that is interesting to know for my own browser, but I need to enforce
    this for all my users. I can't change their browser settings remotely. This
    is for a corporate Intranet for internal use only so my users should have no
    security concerns going to this site. But since our Intranet is exposed to
    the Internet, so users can work from home, this site falls into the Internet
    zone even though it is Intranet. I guess there is no way to get the IE6
    behavior.

    Thanks for the tips

    Perecli Manole, Jun 29, 2007
  9. On Jun 29, 12:25 pm, "Perecli Manole" <> wrote:
    > Hmm.. that is interesting to know for my own browser, but I need to enforce
    > this for all my users. I can't change their browser settings remotely. This
    > is for a corporate Intranet for internal use only so my users should have no
    > security concerns going to this site. But since our Intranet is exposed to
    > the Internet, so users can work from home, this site falls into the Internet
    > zone even though it is Intranet. I guess there is no way to get the IE6
    > behavior.

    It seems that it's done for security reasons, and the address bar is
    showing when the site is not in the trusted list, or security level is
    medium or above. Because you need it for your corporate users, you
    might add your site to the Trusted Sites list.

    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 29, 2007
  10. On Jun 29, 1:39 pm, Alexey Smirnov <> wrote:
    > On Jun 29, 12:25 pm, "Perecli Manole" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hmm.. that is interesting to know for my own browser, but I need to enforce
    > > this for all my users. I can't change their browser settings remotely. This
    > > is for a corporate Intranet for internal use only so my users should have no
    > > security concerns going to this site. But since our Intranet is exposed to
    > > the Internet, so users can work from home, this site falls into the Internet
    > > zone even though it is Intranet. I guess there is no way to get the IE6
    > > behavior.

    > It seems that it's done for security reasons, and the address bar is
    > showing when the site is not in the trusted list, or security level is
    > medium or above. Because you need it for your corporate users, you
    > might add your site to the Trusted Sites list.

    I mean it can be done by your system administrator for all users

    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 29, 2007