Popups in firefox can't seem to popuplate a target in a frame

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by writeson@charter.net, Apr 5, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    We're working on a site that uses frames (I know, many people hate
    frames, but that's where we are), and we've got a problem. Our site
    builds like this:

    </head>
    <frameset rows="80,*" border="0" frameborder="0">
    <frame name="manager" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"
    marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" noresize src="http://blahblah.com">
    <frame name="mainframe" src="http://devblah.com/">
    </frameset>

    The frame "manager" does authentication and other management duties.
    The "mainframe" frame is where the actual content of the site goes.
    Here is the problem; we have popups on the site that show additional
    features. Some of those features help the user select content for the
    "mainframe" window. The popup has code that uses target="mainframe" to
    direct that content to the correct window. This works fine in IE and
    Netscape. However, in Firefox the content doesn't appear in the
    "mainframe" at all. Instead a new full screen browser window is created
    and the content appears there, no frame at all.

    Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, is there anything I can do
    to work around this problem?

    Thanks in advance,
    Doug

    , Apr 5, 2005

  2. kaeli Guest

    In article <>,
    enlightened us with...
    > features. Some of those features help the user select content for the
    > "mainframe" window. The popup has code that uses target="mainframe" to
    > direct that content to the correct window. This works fine in IE and
    > Netscape. However, in Firefox the content doesn't appear in the
    > "mainframe" at all. Instead a new full screen browser window is created
    > and the content appears there, no frame at all.

    Did you try using
    opener.top.frames["mainframe"] instead?

    ~kaeli~
    He had a photographic memory that was never developed.
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

    kaeli, Apr 5, 2005