    in the serial/paralel-port?
    Or can't that be done with C?

    THX, Erik

    Erik D, Sep 2, 2003

  2. "Erik D" <> wrote in
    <bj2n5j$4t2$>:

    >Hey,
    >Does anyone know if there is something in C that can read the data transfer
    >in the serial/paralel-port?
    >Or can't that be done with C?

    It can be done in C, but not without non-portable extensions to
    standardized C (which is the only topic here).
    Please refer to a programming NG dedicated to your OS. As you
    didn't mention your platform (which would have been off-topic
    here either) I cant point you to a specific one, sorry.

    Good luck!

    Irrwahn

    P.S.: there's a FAQ for c.l.c at:
    If you don't care where you are, then you ain't lost.

    Irrwahn Grausewitz, Sep 2, 2003

  3. "Erik D" <> writes:

    > Does anyone know if there is something in C that can read the data
    > transfer in the serial/paralel-port?

    Yes.

    If by "something in C" you mean a standardized (and therefore portable)
    language feature: the C language itself does not provide such a feature.
    You have to use platform-specific facilities.

    > Or can't that be done with C?

    It can, but not in a portable way. If you want to know how it can be done,
    please ask in a newsgroup dedicated to your platform.

    Martin

    Martin Dickopp, Sep 2, 2003