Port data transfer

Erik D

Hey,
Does anyone know if there is something in C that can read the data transfer
in the serial/paralel-port?
Or can't that be done with C?

THX, Erik

Irrwahn Grausewitz

Hey,
Does anyone know if there is something in C that can read the data transfer
in the serial/paralel-port?
Or can't that be done with C?
It can be done in C, but not without non-portable extensions to
standardized C (which is the only topic here).
Please refer to a programming NG dedicated to your OS. As you
didn't mention your platform (which would have been off-topic
here either) I cant point you to a specific one, sorry.

Good luck!

Irrwahn

P.S.: there's a FAQ for c.l.c at:

Martin Dickopp

Erik D said:
Does anyone know if there is something in C that can read the data
transfer in the serial/paralel-port?

Yes.

If by "something in C" you mean a standardized (and therefore portable)
language feature: the C language itself does not provide such a feature.
You have to use platform-specific facilities.
Or can't that be done with C?

It can, but not in a portable way. If you want to know how it can be done,
please ask in a newsgroup dedicated to your platform.

Martin