Port forwarding utility in perl

Debashish Mishra

I am searching for a port forwarding package in perl, some thing like
plugproxy in java (http://www.bbzzdd.com/plugproxy). My basic
requirement is to have a platform independent snooping tool between
two servers. The servers may be on the same m/c. So we need to replace
currently used ipthreal/iptrace.

I was wondering if there exists any package with functionality similar
to plugproxy. IPChains::portFW seemed promising. But I couldn't
install it on Solaris. The documentation also clearly mentions it's
for linux.

In perl cook-book first edition chapter 17.18 there is a program which
probably would serve our purpose with some modification. Another
option is to make a perl wrapper over plugproxy and use it.

Could somebody point me to a module already exists or being writen
which fits into this before we reinvent the wheel?

Thanks and regards,
Debashish.

Uri Guttman

DM> I am searching for a port forwarding package in perl, some thing like
DM> plugproxy in java (http://www.bbzzdd.com/plugproxy). My basic
DM> requirement is to have a platform independent snooping tool between
DM> two servers. The servers may be on the same m/c. So we need to replace
DM> currently used ipthreal/iptrace.

DM> Could somebody point me to a module already exists or being writen
DM> which fits into this before we reinvent the wheel?

check out stem (cpan and stemsystems.com) which can be used to build a
port forwarder without any coding. i have a config file for this
which i can send you (it is not in the distribution).

uri