    Anybody knows a lib that can do this for me?

    Thanks in advance
    Janina
    Janina Kramer, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Janina Kramer

    Attila Feher Guest

    Janina Kramer wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm working on a project that has to be portable (Windows, Linux,
    > Unix (IDE is VisualC++) ). What I need is the list of files in a
    > certain directory (+subdirs), but I also need to know some file
    > attributes like size and 'date of last change'.
    > Anybody knows a lib that can do this for me?

    There was a beta library on Boost ( http://www.boost.org ) . I dunno its
    state. If all else fails you might be able to use POSIX (and limit a loads
    of things :-( ).

    Attila
    Attila Feher, Aug 21, 2003

  3. Janina Kramer

    Icosahedron Guest

    "Attila Feher" <> wrote in message news:<bi1h3l$gjd$>...
    > Janina Kramer wrote:
    > > Hi!
    > >
    > > I'm working on a project that has to be portable (Windows, Linux,
    > > Unix (IDE is VisualC++) ). What I need is the list of files in a
    > > certain directory (+subdirs), but I also need to know some file
    > > attributes like size and 'date of last change'.
    > > Anybody knows a lib that can do this for me?

    > There was a beta library on Boost ( http://www.boost.org ) . I dunno its
    > state. If all else fails you might be able to use POSIX (and limit a loads
    > of things :-( ).
    >
    > Attila

    I've used the boost filesystem library on both Windows and Linux in
    applications, and it seems to work nicely.

    Jay
    Icosahedron, Aug 21, 2003
  4. Janina Kramer

    Rene Eng Guest

    Hi Janina

    "Janina Kramer" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm working on a project that has to be portable (Windows, Linux, Unix

    (IDE
    > is VisualC++) ). What I need is the list of files in a certain directory
    > (+subdirs), but I also need to know some file attributes like size and

    'date
    > of last change'.
    > Anybody knows a lib that can do this for me?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Janina

    I checked out boost.org myself too, and it says there that it only supports
    POSIX or Windows-like OSes.
    So, I am not really sure if this includes Linux and UNIX?
    If you are using it already meanwhile, you may better stick to it.

    If not, you can try my 'directory-scan' classes which work for sure on
    Windows, Solaris and AIX.
    It was developped with JBuilder but does not use much JBuilder-specific
    stuff, so it should not be too complicated to convert it for Visual C++.
    You'll find the files for download and HTML documentation on
    http://gemini.futurezone.com

    hth
    René

    =======================================
    C++ sources, cross-platform (UNIX and WinTel) and
    covering several topics: http://gemini.futurezone.com
    Rene Eng, Aug 21, 2003
  5. Janina Kramer

    Ron Natalie Guest

    "Rene Eng" <> wrote in message news:3f451cfe$...

    > I checked out boost.org myself too, and it says there that it only supports
    > POSIX or Windows-like OSes.
    > So, I am not really sure if this includes Linux and UNIX?

    POSIX is an interface standard for UNIX-like operating systems.
    LINUX and UNIX should not have a problem with it.
    Ron Natalie, Aug 21, 2003